Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stupid

Normally my job is nice and peaceful. I am a bit of a premadonna and can be tough to deal with but I do my job. I do it right. I spent the past five fucking years doing my job at the current place which is totally unlike me. I built a fucking trading system that is stable, fast, and reliable. Now I have to spend my days fucking fixing some cocksuckers idiotic code. I mean are you fucking stupid? You know what I spent today doing? Check this out and see if YOU could do it right.

for(int i=0; i<= Cat.count; i++)
{

}

This is a loop in C#. It says start at zero with the counter i, go until you get to the end of the "cat" object, add one to the counter on every pass. Now here is a multiple choice question.

What goes in the middle?

A. catstuff = Cat[i];
B. catstuff = Kitty[i];

Which one would you pick? Awesome. You know which one my fucktard co-worker picked? Over and over and over and over again? Yup. I mean do you have ANY common sense? I can not really accept that you skip comments, you ignore direction on case, you refuse to check dictionaries to see if they have the key in them... I mean any idiot could do those things.. but this is beyond retarded! I am sick of spending all my fucking time fixing your bullshit code. I mean cmon man.

My boss had been saying "Oh yeah that guy is fast".. I tried to explain he is NOT a programmer and we should do code reviews.. I tried to say "FAST and BAD" does not really equal fast. When I have to spend my entire week fixing his garbage code. When every build that goes to QA fails in the exact same spot: HIS CODE. When production runs break for the first time in five years. When I can not finish my projects. Fast is not fast. I am either going to get an ulcer or fuck someone up. Peace.

9 Comments:

Blogger Miami Don said...

Code rants way less than poker rants!

for(int i=0; i<= Cat.count; i++) < AA apif v. 49o and this cock fuck flops 2 pair to break my bubble.


Go break off his S key. He'll never notice.

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Tarpie said...

Shouldn't it be:
for(int i=0; i < Cat.count; i++)

5:43 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Indeed Tarpie. What it became was foreach(hair h in cat).. but I digress.

6:33 AM

 
Blogger KenP said...

As someone who'd pull an allnighter without noticing, I haven't written a line of code in a good 10 years. Well I did write a batch file a while back.

I hate C. Always felt that PL/I was a much saner choice. Array handling always seemed so stupid in C.

Yes, C is supposed to be more frugal. But, by the time you plug in enough libraries to make something happen, you have the same bloat as a sane language.

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Josie said...

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

9:46 AM

 
Blogger KenP said...

Hummmm...

Josie is having the same problem she has when we talk poker.

10:55 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

perhaps she is not as cosmopolitan as we thought..

11:44 AM

 
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

It's the age old "Good, fast, cheap. Pick two."

5:13 PM

 
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

What goes in the middle?

A. catstuff = Cat[i];
B. catstuff = Kitty[i];


There is no excuse for shoddy coding. Even a novice like myself would've picked B, thus preventing an unhandled exception when the following executes :

StringBuilder FlashCrash = new StringBuilder("Here Kitty Kitty Kitty");

1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home