Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Stupid Idiots

When Hoy starts playing shittier he gets nastier in comments
- A blogger who wishes to remain anonymous


I have yet to ferret out these cocknose shitheads that hoy speaks of. Will they allow me into their primitive circle. If I find these illusive creatures can I fully be accepted into their tribe? Only time will tell.

Seriously it has been fun ribbing Hoyazo about his blowups deep in these games lately. Lord knows I get my share of that crap. I think a lot of the really good MTT players like Hoyazo have problems in the blogger games because they play them like 2000 person games. While that style absolutely can get you a win I think that small field MTT games can be won by MANY different styles. You are not so stuck to accumulate huge amount of chips because the final table is not that huge. For a long while I tried to be more aggressive in these things but when I settled down and started playing tighter I ended up with several final tables.

I will say I would much rather be great at large field MTT games like Hoyazo is than smaller field games. Possibly one of these days I will get the hang of them. However they seem to require you to play like 20 games a night and that requires a huge bankroll. While the bankroll is running well in the right direction I have a ways to go before I hit the large MTT circuit again.

Last night I hit a patch of variance and went out quick in Stud. The combination of making strong hands against stronger hands, missing huge draws, and being deep in a Stars SNG made it hard to win. You really need focus in Stud. I did take first in my SNG and then played one on Full Tilt and took second. Good times.

On a bad note my car was totaled by my ugly ass Au Pair. First she has the audacity to be ugly.. then she wrecks my car. Luckily the kids were not in it. The fucking company that provided her guarantees these whores can drive however we found out she just got her license before coming here. I mean give me a fucking break. I am really pretty pissed off. We will probably get 10-15K for the car since it is four years old. I am hoping we can find a nice certified used car to replace it with for the same amount. Does anyone have any experience with dealer certified cars? I know you get a warentee and stuff. Hopefully we can find a nice replacement that does not cost us a fortune. It was nice not having a car payment. I do not look forward to having three since my car is likely going to die soon and we all remember the Wife going out and buying a new car behind my back. Life is fun.

10 Comments:

Blogger mortal_one said...

Sir:
With any used car, you need to be careful. Always take a mechanic friend with you. Check the vehicle history (you don't want a car they salvaged from a flood). With 1 exception, I have always bought used cars and and have never gotten a bad one.
By the way, I stealth pimped you today.

7:51 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't ever buy a used rental returned car.

Trust me on this.

8:00 AM

 
Blogger PokahDave said...

Au Pair tilt?

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Neilc999 said...

I love your excuse for donking out of the bbt tourny i even managed to get half way and ive never played before lol. I wouldnt worry about a pre-owned car though, i bought mine 7 years old and ive never had a problem with it. (diesels tend to be better than petrols when it comes to the age of the car)

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I leave no nasty comments. Ever.

I was being kind to the Mookie winners when I called them shitheads man.

I figured it was you who bet Donkette against me winning a BBT3 event, until I heard it was for $100. No way you're making that size bet against me at this point.

Seriously, you are right about the difference between the big mtts and the small mtts. I try very hard to adjust my game to be good at both, but more times than I can count I have caught myself either playing the 5050 like a blonkament, or, more often, playing the Mookie like the 5050, neither of which works very well when it comes down to it.

11:09 AM

 
Blogger The NL Wife said...

I feel for you on the au pair car thing . . . although I got a hot new Lexus out of the deal. Sure you don't want to give her yours and get something new too?

:)

11:36 AM

 
Blogger 1Queens Up1 said...

From a person who sucks at poker I can say without bias that blogger tourneys are way harder than the smaller MTTs. Its not uncommon to find on the second hand of the midnight madness that somehas 6k in chips when you start with 1.5k. Thats not skill, thats 3 tards pushed all in and I called with A-A and caught an A.

I get a sense of accomplishment when (and if i ever again) do well in blogger tourneys, I know I sucked or lucked out against some of the best players on the interwebz.

12:09 PM

 
Blogger jusdealem said...

She has the audacity to be ugly!

Waffles, you kill me.

lmao

10:54 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Buy a NEW car and buy something GM! Please?

2:12 PM

 
Blogger genomeboy said...

OMG, we're on our 3rd Au Pair (one for each of the last 3 years). This latest one totaled our totally awesome 8 year old Sienna perfecto au pairmobile. Then, 3 weeks later had a minor fender bender with the replacement. Plus, she must be you girl's sister cause she is ugly and dumb. I could forgive this one if she had actually integrated in the family, but she's just a slug.

After she went busto with the car, we totally restricted her driving, and she didn't understand why.
Anyway, we luckily have a fairly reliable used car place near us in central NJ, and picked up a 2005 Subaru wagon for about your budget. Nice car, and safe for the kids.

The next au pair (we matched already for july) will get a few driving lessons with a local driving school just to make sure that she is capable. I figure that $80/2 hours is fine a small price to pay.

5:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home