Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vegan and Moolah

First off to Elaine. I am starting the Vegan thing Dec 1st. I am reading up. I tried a TV Dinner of fake Meatloaf by Annie. I did not hate it but it was not very good. It was like a slab of green stuffing. I am going to keep trying different things in between my carnivore ways to see what I like. I think the hardest thing to give up will be butter. I mean it is in EVERYTHING.

I played some poker tonight. I tried the Matrix SNGs. While they are kind of fun they really are for people with ADD. I mean damn those things are nuts. I really did not like them. I did well in the first one with a 1,1,4,9 score and tied for first for $26.. so on an 11$ investment I made $26. Meh. Contrast that with the last 10 22$ SNGs I have played. I have gone 8-10 with 6 first places for a gadzillion dollars. Ask Bayne to do the math. haha. Trick question though because I am not sure what the other two finishes were. Anyway Matrix is for ADD people and the only advantage it has possibly over a regular game is less variance but I prefer to go for more money. I need more money to stay break even.

Peace out and have fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good good good......

5:11 AM

 
Blogger Astin said...

You're a brave man. I'd never go vegan. Heck, I doubt I could go vegetarian for more than a day. I mean, if we aren't supposed to eat meat, why is it so tasty?

But, speaking from total inexperience, I'd suggest seasoning the fuck out of fake meatloaf with "meaty" flavours. I'd have suggested worcesteshire sauce, but that has anchovies. So smoke flavours (smoked paprika, liquid smoke, chipotle sauce, smokey mustard). Maybe lots of black pepper too. Something to hide the fact you're eating mashed up soy beans or chick peas or whatever.

6:37 AM

 
Blogger Elaine Vigneault said...

http://veg.ca/content/view/26/56/

9:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home