Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's Goin'

I am so on top of my game right now. The adjustments I have been making have worked out great. I am owning hoes left and right. I ended up down about four bucks after last night.

You all read how I destroyed my opponent in the Dank just to get sucked out on hard. I really should not be playing the Dank since it is above my bankroll at the moment and I seem to have the most awesome luck in it... HOWEVER I keep thinking one of these times my hand has to hold.

I then played a couple of SNGs. Both of them had long bubbles which sucked. In the first one I made a rare mistake. I was on the bubble and my opponent had 1BB. I had AQ. I limped, he was in on the BB... the large stack then jammed all in. My reasoning was that either he had a monster hand in which case he would KO the 1BB guy and I would take 3rd place money or he had some weak sauce hand in which case I had a decent chance to double and take out the 1BB guy. I was down to about 12BB or less at this time. If I doubled up I think my chances at first or second are much better.

The hands where flipped over and the 1BB guy had the hammer (72o), the huge stack who jammed had a reasonable 88.. so my AQ was not in horrible position and the 72o was basically drawing dead to some kind of runner runner action. Of course you all know how this ends. A seven on the flop and it's brother on the river and all my well thought out calculations go for naught. I am not sure my call was a -EV play. I do think it might have been a mistake though. It is a really marginal spot so folding probably was the right move. Only because SNG play is about making the money every single game in my opinion.

At this point I got extremely pissed off and the RUSHHHH poker tables started whispering my name. I reined in my destructive tendencies for the night and decided to keep to my plan.

I moved on to the second SNG game and this one started off great. I raised my AQ suited in early position and got two callers. The flop came down with a couple of clubs and all under-cards. No way I am getting away from this hand. I bet out and get called by BOTH opponents. The turn is a blank and somehow everyone's money gets in the middle. The hands I am against are AA and an OESF draw. I binked one of my good outs on the river and was up to 3x my stack early. The next few people went out fast but then it deteriorated into a grind. Eventually the big stack got too pushy and was KOed as the bubble boy. Quickly followed by the next guy. It was HU and I started as a 3:1 dog. I fought hard and pushed all my edges. Finally when I had an 8K to 4K lead I raised up my Aces and got the jam I was hoping for. First place was mine.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A $10 tourney is above your bankroll? I take it your road to $10K will require a sizable MTT win?

Still wishing you luck sir.

6:54 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Yeah? Well, I got my engineering over 500 so I could use my invisibility belt to turn myself invisible for 4 seconds every five minutes!
How about that?

(Everything in WoW is completely useless now.)

6:54 AM

 
Blogger Josie said...

Good thing you weren't distracted last night.

7:20 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I am pacing myself Drizz! Pacing!

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home