Saturday, March 11, 2006

Fever

I had 102 fever the other day and still feel crappy. Bah. I got in a few orbits of 2/4 yesterday. The buyin is a little intimidating for the moment but I am sure I will get used to it. I won 27$ in my couple of orbits on a suckout-re-suckout hands. Some guy plays 89o in EP. I flop TPTK with my AQ, he flops second pair, and JAMS me on the flop. I cold call. He turns a 9. I check-call. The river is an Ace. I bet. He raises. I call. He says "Nice River". Just as a note in my attempt to play tight on these tables I do not play 89o in any position except BB and possibly SB.

I also got into a 2-table SNG later that night. I took third. I should have taken first but that is poker. The second stack and I have equal chips. I have KJ he hs AQ. The flop comes KQJ. He puts ALL of his chips in on this flop drawing to a gutshot straight. He also has the ACE he rivers as an out. Ouch. I would have had 20K in chips vs 5K of my opponent. Oh well. Better luck next time. The thirty six bucks wasnt bad anyways. I will never understand how to play poker that badly I hope.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soonish!

6:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home