Saturday, March 11, 2006

Fever

I had 102 fever the other day and still feel crappy. Bah. I got in a few orbits of 2/4 yesterday. The buyin is a little intimidating for the moment but I am sure I will get used to it. I won 27$ in my couple of orbits on a suckout-re-suckout hands. Some guy plays 89o in EP. I flop TPTK with my AQ, he flops second pair, and JAMS me on the flop. I cold call. He turns a 9. I check-call. The river is an Ace. I bet. He raises. I call. He says "Nice River". Just as a note in my attempt to play tight on these tables I do not play 89o in any position except BB and possibly SB.

I also got into a 2-table SNG later that night. I took third. I should have taken first but that is poker. The second stack and I have equal chips. I have KJ he hs AQ. The flop comes KQJ. He puts ALL of his chips in on this flop drawing to a gutshot straight. He also has the ACE he rivers as an out. Ouch. I would have had 20K in chips vs 5K of my opponent. Oh well. Better luck next time. The thirty six bucks wasnt bad anyways. I will never understand how to play poker that badly I hope.

3 Comments:

Blogger FatBaldGuy said...

Hope you feel better soon. Good post about luck, and summing up your year. Dealing with variance is probably the hardest thing to do while playing poker, and hopefully you have taken a big step towards being able to do that.

5:13 PM

 
Blogger New-Pro said...

Hi,

Just read a couple of your posts. Just a thought you know how "tight aggressive" is the in thing according to " those that know", well what about discipline? Sccessful poker is based on discipline and avoiding tilt but aren't discipline and aggression a slightly contradicting mix?

Are agressive players more prone to tilt? Wold be interesting to hear your views on this.

Get well soon.

2:48 AM

 
Anonymous Ingoal said...

Get well soonish!

6:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home