Thursday, March 09, 2006

Birthday Party for Sir

I am bored again so might as well ramble on about other stuff. I had my birthday the other day. It was cool. The kids like to shut all the lights off, hide behind the kitchen table, and jump out yelling surprise!!! I get a King’s crown birthday hat to wear for the night and a lot of excellent little kid artwork. Very nice. My kids are wacko but very cool. Here are a few stories.

When my son was a little 9-month old my wife used to drive him around in the back seat of the car. He would suddenly cough and totally be silent. Not a sound. My wife would pull over the car, lunge out into traffic, rip open the back door, and see him sitting there with a mischievous grin on his face. Yes, my son is trouble.

My daughter is very stubborn. When she was two I was telling her to go to her room in a slightly loud voice. She shouts back “NO!”, I say “Get to you room now I am the boss you will listen to me!” She replies dead seriously “Not the Boss, Momma Boss!”. How the hell can you fight against that?

My son likes to play tricks on people. When he was two we had him at a daycare facility in our town. Every morning the little people march down the hallway to go pee. One day the teachers notice my son is missing from the line. They hurry up and get all the kids back in class and search for him. As they are about to call the police they hear giggling coming from behind the coat rack. It is him hiding from them. Oh my!

It is both fun and challenging to have a family. The rewards are many and the responsibilities can be extremely challenging.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

I'm pretty sure that when my wife and I have kids they will turn out the same way. Especially the "Momma boss" part. We all know it's true.

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Good to hear you were treated well on your birthday. Keep enjoying those special moments...

8:20 PM

 
Blogger TripJax said...

Good to here a little of the non poker waffles stuff...

12:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home