Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Weird Shit

This morning was interesting. I was putting away the dishes when the wife commented out of the blue "What are you doing? Why are you putting away the dishes lately? You have not done that for 13 years".

I have a good system going in the morning. I wake up at 5AM. Play some video games, read some email, whatever.. then I go upstairs and wake the kid up. He swears at me and says "five more minutes you fat fuck". I then go to the kitchen, get his breakfast ready, set out his pills and stuff.. and then while I am waiting for the five minutes I will empty the dishwasher if I see it is needed. It works out pretty good.

We talked for a bit more and I told her I was doing it because I think I basically hit rock bottom and was trying to improve my life. She said that if I hit rock bottom I would go to a shrink but I said I was helping myself and that seeing someone was not out of the question but not something I was going to do immediately.

I guess I must be making some strides at pulling my ass out of the depression of the past few years if the oblivious one noticed. Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Going to a shrink is not helping yourself. That's getting help and while it's a good thing it's not as valuable as helping yourself.

Oh, and you may want to keep quiet about my manliness while you are posting about soaking your hands in Palmolive, sweetheart.

8:04 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

First off I own a dishwasher.. I just take em out and put them on shelves.. No Palmolive here.. although Pam Olive might be good in the sack..

10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home