Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ye Ole Bookshop

I have been wondering what to do with my old books. Amazon is ok for selling.. but it is a pain in the ass at times... and people list all their books for 2 cents with 4 bucks shipping.. it's just weird... So I tried a new place called The Book Rack. Actually it is more like an old thing I figured was gone and buried. It is an actual book store. They give you 1/4th the price of the book as a store credit.. so as long as you can find something you want to read you are good. I brought in two bags of books and got like a hundred dollar credit. I only ended up finding like 4 books I needed on this trip... but for eight bucks instead of thirty two it's not a bad deal. They only allow you to use your credit on half the purchase.. because they need to make some money.

I have no idea if this is going to work out in my favor. It will take a while to go through the first bunch of credits.. but I feel good that someone else will read my books.. and I get some cheap entertainment.. so it seems like a good deal.

It was also pretty funny seeing books laid out all over the place and trying to find stuff I wanted to read. I had a good experience.

3 Comments:

Blogger KenP said...

I feel good that someone else will read my books.

Hope they feel good trying to figure out the substance that pasted pages together at the "interesting" points in the "action".

1:04 PM

 
Blogger Josie said...

Nice job!

7:30 AM

 
Blogger Bayne_S said...

donate the books to a library or adult bookstore

11:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home