Monday, May 05, 2014

The Beginning

It all started innocently enough. I went to work last Monday morning. Did some great things for my employer. Had a splitting headache and all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. I pull into my driveway and get a few things going. Start dinner. Feed the puppies. All of a sudden I hear a knock at my door. Very odd. Never a good thing. I open the door and two officers are there. I get served a restraining order and told to pack my stuff up and leave.

The officers were very nice and seemed to be on my side although they need to stay professional. I grabbed my computer, my sketch pad, a bunch of clothes, a few containers, and off I went. The officers explained that my wife filed a report saying I abused my son. If it was not so easy to get someone thrown out of the house for no reason I might laugh at this. The wife has done this before. Every time I get my head straight and start asserting my own will she does this. Last time when I tried to get my own checking account she filed an order that said I was trying to starve my children.

The order is total bullshit. She claims two counts of abuse. However she filed no police reports. The kid was not ever taken to the hospital. The school has not contacted anyone. He has no bruises or anything. He was not hit. He was not abused. She is just playing the sad sad face women card. The seriously messed up part about this is that it works! I am kicked from my house without so much as a trial.

Intellectually I understand why this is. There are dangerous men out there doing REAL abuse to children and women. I still disagree with these laws though. If I REALLY was someone who beat a wife of child and got served I think I would just go kill the person who filed the papers. It is not a safety net at all.

It is hard to really explain how you feel when this happens. Getting moved from your home. It is sort of surreal. It has happened twice to me so far. Each time my process kind of was the same. Spacey head. Just flying a million miles an hour. Feeling displaced. Turning to despair and anger. Should I kill myself? Should I kill my wife? Should I do some other stupid thing? Quit your job so she gets nothing? Lots of choices. Go to Texas. Do a walking tour of America to each friends house around the country. Just disappear. Finally when your head calms down and you are thinking straight you make the right decision: Live in your car.

More adventures later. Nice to see all the new people and the lurkers.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Damn dude. I'm so sorry to hear this. Where are you staying right now then? I hope things get better.

8:07 AM

 
Blogger angerisagift said...

sounds like the start of a great adventure. i would go to colorado .lot of walmarts 4 overnight parking(they dont seem to mine),lot of temp agencies,the weather is killer,and WEED IS LEGAL.

8:09 AM

 
Blogger lightning36 said...

"Just flying a million miles an hour. Feeling displaced. Turning to despair and anger. Should I kill myself? Should I kill my wife? Should I do some other stupid thing? Quit your job so she gets nothing? Lots of choices. Go to Texas. Do a walking tour of America to each friends house around the country. Just disappear. Finally when your head calms down and you are thinking straight you make the right decision: Live in your car."

Posting stuff like this is probably the worst thing you can do. I think another word for it is "evidence."

8:28 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"The wife has done this before. Every time I get my head straight and start asserting my own will she does this. Last time when I tried to get my own checking account she filed an order that said I was trying to starve my children."

That sounds like an incredibly stressful situation! Unless something in your wife's life changes substantially, I hope you don't consider moving back in with her again; from your description, she is not a stable person.

s.i.

10:15 AM

 
Blogger PokahDave said...

Sorry. You should document everything and keep a journal. It will come in handy later. Don't document it here though. Good luck.

10:47 AM

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Okay, well this at least sheds some light on things. I still can't understand why the fuck you are choosing to live in your car instead of getting a weekly or something??? I mean, what the hell waffles??????

If I was you I would close all of the bank accounts and cut off all of her credit cards and I would definitely get a lawyer. She's a crazy bitch and you need to get her back the legal way.

3:43 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This is very interesting post. All the time I am looking for something iteresting. Everyone had to begin somehow and here some stories about success people http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/10-books-the-most-successful-people-the-world-inspire-your-life.html

3:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home