Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Excellent Cards

Tonight has been fun. I was going to play a 5/1 SNG. All the tables were full, so I did a 10/1. I find the competition to be basically the same from 5/1 through 20/2 so far. Possibly a few less maniacs. You usually do not see 4 people out in round one at 20/2.

I bought the NL Holdem book (listed at the bottom) and have been trying to improve my game. Basically he says “Before level 4 only go in on ultra-premium hands”. I.E. JJ or better. AJ or higher. Nothing with any loss potential.

So I put it on deal me away and prepare to wait until level 4. The game would not let me wait. I got like 3-4 AK, AJ, Hiltons, etc.. before level 4. My Hiltons held up against AK. My AJ’s flopped good stuff, or my table image was good enough that I caused many people to fold with my 4BB raises with good hands. So around level 4 I am middle of the pack. The competition is especially good and tight up to this point. I get crappy cards from then on in. Only like two hands worth calling. One call I made was KQ against 66, and lost. I folded K10 and would have won that one.

As the blinds got more expensive the maniacs came out of the woodworks and gave me 2nd place. I basically folded to 2nd place. It was a nice win.

I am now in a .50/1 tourney. First hand Aks. Get’s raised around. Flop is A-rag-rag. I get two callers. Turn is a rag. Last card is a K. Had both callers to the river. Made $10 on my first hand. I then got Aks a little later. By now any raise I have people fold. So I am hovering around $33 right now. Folded Q5s, the turn would have tripled my 5’s. Oh well. It was a good fold if you ask me.

I am at a nice table. They let me check a straight draw to the river. Sweet. Did not make it, but did not cost me either. Bet I would have gotten 6 callers if I bet at the end with that straight. At $32.75 now. Just waiting for my next hand. Folding a lot.

Had 99. Raised coming in. Knocked a few people out. Three left. 8-10-Q flop. Not so good. Checked around. Three on the turn. Bet by two. I call. I do not have pot odds, but wanted to see the last card. Jack-Baby! Oh yeah straight! No flushes. Possible higher straight. I check knowing the twos is going to bet. I raise. Both people call me. Straight beats two pair. It has been a good night. $40.25 right now with KQ. Caught a straight on the river. So did my partner. We raised it to 4 bets. Got one sucker in with us and went up to 43.50. Lost with 10-J suited. Down to $43. I am going to play a few more hands. Stop if I fall to $40, or get a nice few hands to push me up to $50+.
AQ gets me a win. Sweet. I cannot tell you how many times I have lost with this. Up to $45.25. Like it. It is soooooo nice to have a really winning night. One that I do not screw up with bad play, higher pots, or some other stupid idea. I like the idea of playing a 5/1, and $25 on .50/1 every night. If I am doing really well, maybe do another 5/1 tourney or something. I think if I stick to this plan I will steadily grow my bankroll again. I may stay at .50/1 forever though. I like these people! Only $50 left to go until I am back up to my re-buy level. Hope to hit $500 this month maybe. Not going to push anything this time though.

Bluffed someone off of a hand. I had Q-10. Flop was 77K. I wait a little. Then check. A K shows. I Check again. He bets. I call. A 5 comes up. I decide to screw with him and bet a buck. He folds like a blanket on laundry day. Up to $43 (or down if you read the prior paragraph). Since he bet out I put him on a small pair. Smaller then 5's it seems.

A-9 puts me back up to $44.25. 66. Cmon Set! Satans helpers? Missed the set. Oh well. J-10 off suit. Nada. Rags. Rags. Rags. 9-3 .. Sooted! Cmon, It is ok to play. 744. Ok. I am not that stupid. Besides, only one heart. I like 4 hearts in my flush draws. Also like alot of callers. 10-2 diamonds. I told you I like flush draws. Raised. I call. Had to fold on the flop. Hilton Sisters! Go Girlfriends! Slow betting. Nobody has anything? Raised the bitches. Everyone folds out. Oh well. $1.75. Back down to $41.25. Getting blinded down a little. One nice win and I think I call it a night. Table seems even tighter than when I started. Only two in on the flop. K8. Getting impatient. Not a horrible hand. Like a better kicker however. Flop is 4-5-8. Turns into a straight on the board to give me a tie. 77 does not do anything. 55 on the next hand. Presto! Lets have some magic. Crap. 10-10. A queen appears. The other guy has the Q. I am down to $37. Up $12 for the session. Not too bad. So net-net up $37 for the night. I will take that.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home