Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Picasso I’m not?

Why is it that dedication to ones art is always so misunderstood? If I am learning to play Poker why is it not an art form? Is it not a type of art? Is there not an essence of creativity in the way one plays? The slashing strokes of a Phil Ivey, the beautiful and graceful calculations of a Slansky, the deep soul piercing gaze of a Lederer .. are these not masters of there art? No, these are degenerates, scum of the earth, sleazy hustlers to be scorned and shunned! Why can people not recognize that the artistic nature takes many forms. I consider many things to be art, Paulies paintings, computer programming, writing, and yes, Poker! It requires dedication, study, and yes, your own artistic flair to be successful. So why is it that Poker players are looked down upon? I have yet to see one cut off his ear (or poke out his eyes?), I mean talk about crazy! So all you Van Goghs and Picasso’s of the world keep it up. Even if I cant tell what side is up in an art gallery, I appreciate watching someone played like a Stradivarius on the Poker tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home