Friday, May 06, 2005

Da Grind

Crazy ass Stud grinding going on. Not too much to talk about. The bankroll is back to healthy status at $300. I think I should be able to quadruple up every night playing Stud. I mean I have a 4 floosh or more on the board and overcards and people want to play chicken with a pair of sixes. Hey they won that hand, pissed me off, but keep building my bankroll that way idiots. Are flooshes good to bet? My usual line in Stud is to wait until I have the 4 floosh and then keep betting it until I lose or it pays off. Last night I missed a ton of 4 flooshes and 4 straights. I even had a 4 floosh, straight, straight floosh going on and never improved. Ah well. Do you ever slow down with these? I can not see how you get paid off if you do. Even though EVERYONE yells at me when I make these hands on the river. Hell I had three cards to go why not? Anyone have any advice here? Keep playing them hard? Slow down somewhere? I guess I will figure it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger TenMile said...

Stay on the first three cards if you hold:
1) Any three of a kind, and draw the limit, that is, the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th cards.
2) Two Aces or Two Kings, and draw the limit.
3) Two Queens or less, and draw only ONE card and no more unless the hand is improved. The odds for making a winning hand are made prohibitive by drawing more.
4) Any pair with the Ace or King, and draw ONE card and no more unless the hand is improved.
5) Any 3-card straight or any 3-card flush, and draw only TWO CARDS and no more unless the hand is improved. If in five cards you make a 4-card flush or a 4-card straight, draw the 6th and 7th card.

Good Luck with it. I like the game.

7:30 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Thanks for the advice.

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home