Sunday, May 21, 2006

Heat Storm

Tonight tried my patience. I was in three MTTs. I was ahead on all of them. First place in one, third in another, and eigth in the 180/SNG. I had the cards going with me. Took CJ out even! However it was not to be. In a span of five minutes the following happened on all three SNGs:

AK vs KJ LOST (KJ called all in pre-flop)
AQ vs AT LOST (AT called all in on the flop)
A9d vs 27 (He hit trip 2's.. however I was never ahead on this one)
TT vs 77 (All in pre-flop, rivered a 7)

I know I was as ahead as you can be in each hand and I lost. Oh well. It is poker. It sucks. I admit I was getting HOT! Not the good, talking to women, type either.

One thing. I AM happy with my play in all games. I outplayed my opponents and won most of the hands I played. It is something to be happy with.

I then put all my chips in with JJ and got called by K3. I was HU at the time in a 25/Turbo. Guess he thought he was ahead. Idiot. He won. Of course. I lost with 56, six on the turn and he rivered his Ace. Ah well. I can not take first in these lately. I get it all in with the best hand by far and get beat. In a way even though I am winning I am on a bad streak.

It was not all bad. I took Veneno over my knee and spanked her. Until all the heat from my face went into her butt! Mungo enjoyed watching too. I have never beat Veneno thrice in a row. It took about five minutes. So I am happy. It makes us tied in our titanic war! She is afraid to play me again because I said once I get ahead I am quiting.

Last thing on the agenda: Shout out to BoneDaddy. He came by while I was playing and said hi. It was cool of him to do. He did not have to. Shows class. Good night and good luck to you all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I'm afraid of you...lmao

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed it Waffles.

Even though I made the right read you hit the river.

Would that be a suckout?

Next time.

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Gnome said...

I'm the one who had the 72 that hit trip 2s. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? Good game.

10:04 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Don - Yes, but let me share some thoughts I have had lately. Even if you are ahead with a weak top pair, is it worth your entire tourney? The FTARD with.. 33.. or KQ, can and will get lucky.. so when is it a good time to commit all your chips and when is a good time to pick another spot? I do not know the answer to that. I am thinking about it though.

Mark - Exactly why I said you were ahead the whole time. I will never disparage someone for beating me with the hammer. To make things even better you had me WAYYY covered.

6:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Point Waffles.

My thoughts are we're midway through a tourney and I'm average stack. I'm looking to make a move before the blinds get out of hand and I can't wait forever for a hand.

I have a weak pair so I try to win the pot by betting but get re-raised. Now I was 70% favorite after seeing your cards post-flop but not knowing your cards lets say I figure I'm 60%. Not only is my opponent 40%, I also figure it's 50-50 he folds. So now I'm looking at a 80% win rate on a crappy pair of 6s to get me top five. It's a chance I have to take.

I have the odds and its time to make a move. Heck even if I bust I'd rather bust now than wait and either bleed to death or bubble.

I've learned the hard way in tourney's that you can't wait for cards as sometimes they never come.

I do love discussing hands with you!

11:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home