Thursday, August 16, 2007

Fluxer you Tard

Just a general rambling post coming your way.. I easily amuse myself. This morning I was waiting for the Greenline and I started playing with the Charlie Card machine. This is a device that allows us to purchase tickets for a ride in to town. Much better than the cash system they used to have. I mean who ever has exactly 2.50 in change for a train ride? So I clicked on the deaf-chinese option and was amused by the oriental voice talking to me. I told you I am easy.

On to Suxor. Now normally when people say "Fluxer Sucks".. I totally disagree with them and stick up for the guy. HOWEVER last night was a fucking joke as he single handedly took me out of the MTT with two of the most brilliant plays I have ever seen.

I started the Mookie off so well.. stacking Columbo early when he could not get away from his Pocket Aces. I had called a small raise pre-flop and my jacks hit a set. We had a bet, he re-raised, and I jammed in for all of my chips. I know Columbo knew he was beat but he called anyway. I have the effect on people.

Fluxer's first brilliant move comes as he calls off over half his stack with a gutshot draw and hits the damn thing on the turn. No odds. Nothing. Gets unbelievably lucky against my set. No I did not slow play it. Now I am a firm believer in floating but calling off a third of your chips on a gutshot in an MTT is not the same thing. Moron.

So I sort of want to end the night here and make a bad play on purpose with bottom pair.. did not think I was up against a set of my bottom pair.. yes, a one out flop, but anyhow.. I get a bunch of chips back when I call two jams with 55.. presto is gold baby! I figured I was behind but I was not really feeling it. So after winning that hand against Surf's Queens and Fluxer's AK I had some chips and was ready to play again.

The final indignity came when Fluxer totally made a move he had to have KNOWN would not work against me. I have played with him so often that I know his style. So when an EP guy limps and I re-raise.. Fluxer goes over the top and jams his entire stack in. I call with my pocket queens. He turns over his KJo and is all set to lose over half his stack when he hits his 3-outer. Possibly a two outer since the ep guy probably had something also.

Now this little Fluxer squeeze play may work on the weak tards he normally plays or something but I knew he was full of shit and made the right call. Oh well down ten bucks for the night.. Actually up forty since today was payday.. chaching.

I also played the 28K and just never got into it. Very early on I made a really bad call when yet another tard made a stupid move. I raise pre-flop with QQ.. and get one caller. The flop come J9x and the guy leads out for a smallish bet. I instantly put him on a 9x.. So I re-raise for 1/3 his stack basically pot sized bet. He cold calls. When the 9 hits the turn I know I am beat but I refuse to let it go. Big leak there. So he turns over Q9.. hey I was right.. and that cripples me.. I made a nice comeback with ducks and jacks to even stack again and then pissed it away in a SB vs BB pissing contest when my opponent could not let go of ATo and called off his entire stack with it. Oh well. All in all I think I played the 28K pretty badly. So whatever.

I think the worse you are as a player the better chance you have to win an MTT in some ways. The good players accumulate chips too slowly usually and then some donkey sucks out on them and it is over. The donkey player accumulates chips in a large burst and it take 3-4 bad loses for him to get taken out.

Anyway still enjoying poker at a slower pace. I have a good sized starting bankroll and I am playing mostly 8.80 tokens to either 24+2's or 75's and blogger events. Mentally I am in a good state for poker.

11 Comments:

Blogger jusdealem said...

"I think the worse you are as a player the better chance you have to win an MTT in some ways."

It sure seems that way sometimes! Ah, but we must carry on.

Played the Mookie for the first time last night. It wasn't pretty. :)

8:48 AM

 
Blogger RaisingCayne said...

F*** THE MOOKIE!!! I chipped up well in the first hour, and went card dead in the second. Got K6o in the BB with 4500 chips and the blinds at 150/300... folds to the button who makes it 900 to go. I forget who it was, but this douche nozzle just lost most of his stack on the previous hand and I'm thinking it's a standard tilted steal attempt. I go for the resteal and push all in. This toolbox goes into the tank... and rather than fold and keep his 14 BB in his stack, he decides to call leaving him 700 chips if he loses... WITH 67 SOOOOOOTED. WTF? Six-seven?! Of course, it should go without saying that the uber-ghey toolshed hits his seven on the flop and I'm out. F*** the Mookie!

10:34 AM

 
Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

I, for one, hope to see more comments from raisingcayne.

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I think I might have been that douche nozzle, Cayne.

And btw I have been called several different parts of a douche machine before, but never the nozzle specifically. Ahh I guess there is a first time for everything.

11:45 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Raising Cayne is my soul brotha. lol. Except I have found balance in that my other obsession is more interesting right now..

12:46 PM

 
Blogger RaisingCayne said...

Well I'm glad my rant here was appreciated. :-) I choose to wine on Waffles blog more than mine for some reason... it just seems fitting.

Hoy, I don't believe you were the schmuck I was referring to, as I believe I would've recalled if it was you. (And I know would've INSTA-PUSHED with K6off if it was you!)

12:54 PM

 
Blogger Mike Maloney said...

My 44 had your 54 dominated preflop as well, so don't give me this 1-outter crap Wawfuls. Besides, you even put me on top pair and wanted to suck out when you made your call anyways.

Still, you did get brutalized by fluxer, so I shall consider feeling bad for you.

1:20 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I was just commenting on the fact that you hitting the set was a 1-out card not the fact that you obviously had a much better hand and I normally would not call you with bottom pair. lol. Anyway good game Mikey and I hope you did not think I was saying you played wrong in any possible way.

2:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you too waffle

8:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that squeeze AI play i made was for a pittance of my monster stack with Kh Jh, btw... can't believe you had QQ, luckbox.

8:53 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

If by pittance you mean HALF YOU STACK.. then ok..

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home