Thursday, May 01, 2008

Chop Chop Baby

First of all I have been reading a lot about how winning multiple seats helps everyone else have better odds in the TOC. I for one disagree. You still have to beat me. So your odds are really bad. Nothing will improve them for you. Quit trying.

As far as if I would chop. It all depends. If someone I considered a friend really wanted a chop then I would do it. I think the people in this group for the most part are more important than a stupid seat in the TOC. I know most people would not EXPECT me to give them a seat HU but if it was someone I knew I would have no problem doing just that. If it was someone I hardly knew on the other hand I would probably not chop just for the money. Like Lucko and others have said that extra seat is worth more than any first place money in all of the tourneys except the Big Game. So pretend to be my friend like Choad, and you too could get a TOC seat.

Secondly I have been reconsidering my decision last night. I figured if I went out to Vegas for that 2K seat it would cost me money. I would have to take off work and all this other stuff because the games would last a bunch of days. However I can fly out on Thursday Night pretty cheap. Play a Saturday afternoon game and get back to Boston for Monday. Easy peasy. So I have decided that even if I do not win a ME seat I will be playing in the World Series with my 2K seat. Here are the events I am considering.

13 Saturday, June 7, 2008 12 Noon No Limit Hold'em $2,500
27 Saturday, June 14, 2008 12 Noon No Limit Hold'em $1,500
39 Saturday, June 21, 2008 12 Noon No Limit Hold'em $1,500
9 Saturday, June 28, 2008 12 Noon No-Limit Hold'em $1,500

Please make any suggestions. I will also probably sell a part of me but my backer already owns 55%, so that leave a 45% slice to sell. I will probably wait to see if I win a Main Event seat and then have people buy 1% slices of both events or something like that. I will say that my live experience is slim. The few live tourneys I have played I have finished well. Although I think I am probably dead money in these. We shall see.

I am going to discuss playing in the smaller event with the wife tonight. Possibly fun blog post tomorrow but I am pretty sure she will be all for the idea. See you all tonight at Riverchasers. I hope to start off May with a BANG and a ROOOARR!

6 Comments:

Blogger Schaubs said...

Seems like the first one would be the best simple for the blogger gathering rail factor...

Congrats on the 2k.

Chops are not worth it, I don't care how good of a friend you are. That "friend" would gladly take you out in the TOC don't forget...

12:56 PM

 
Blogger My final out said...

As schaubs said, the fist tourney is what I would recomend. The weekend "fits with all of blogger crap going on down there. Good luck man, and congrats on the seat.

-Grouse

2:22 PM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Last year the no limit holdem games usually took about three days to finish. So you could get back to work on Monday no problem if you lost on day one...

2:48 PM

 
Blogger BamBam said...

Forget the weekend, go for the week between the 7th. and 14th. I'll meet you there and we'll raid CK's place together!
Mwah-HA-HA.

7:44 AM

 
Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

stay away from the 1500 if you can, even just 500 more makes for a much better game, more pros, a little better structure, less people.

7:50 AM

 
Blogger Riggstad said...

Good point Eric, but the way waffles plays, I think the 1500 fits right in his wheelhouse!

Get after the $1500!!!

I hear gutterballs fill up right quick in that thing!

8:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home