Thursday, September 03, 2015

Okie-Vegas

I got a few posts coming your way. I know I do not post all that often. I do not feel the need as much I guess.. the muse hits me every once in a while.

As far as life goes, the Divorce is almost final. The Ex and I are getting along fairly well.. I have decided not to sweat the small stuff. My son and I are closer than ever. He is driving now and I helped by letting him drive my car around. He got his junior operator license a few weeks ago.. and for now I am lending him my car Fri-Mon.  We also have seen like every movie out this summer. We are going away for the weekend in a few to catch giant fish on a great lake with my buddy. Last time he caught a 25 pounder and I got a 30 pound Salmon.

I feel a little bit like my daughter gets the shaft a bit.. but we see each other a lot. She also texts me and follows my Facebook (erm, that may not be good). She wants to be a vet so I am taking her to an exhibit where you diagnose a turtle this weekend.

I see the kids officially once a week usually on the weekend.. but we have been hanging out more than that. I think the visits with specific activities and a duration are good for me. I have really bad ADHD and also I tend to be introverted... so too much time around even the people I love the most in life can become frustrating to me... but spending quality time is perfect. I hope the kids agree. It does seem like things are getting better with them.

Work is pretty awesome too. I took a job in the next state over because I REALLY liked the guy who hired me. He did not even ask me a single technical question.. which is how I knew he knew his shit. Read the book blink and you will understand. He loves my work. He was promoted to director so that bodes well for me. Also the tech lead is leaving so maybe... The job lets me work from home 2 days a week, and I stay in a hotel 2 nights with the slight bump in raise I got going here.. so it all works out well.

I am currently living with a roomate.. not that I have to, but because it worked out that way. He is a marine and .. well.. marine's can DRINK. The guy is actually extremely smart and a really nice guy. It's probably good for me to have some human interaction outside of work too.

Also if you can not tell from the title.. I went to Okie-Vegas.. and erm, I am going to put up a couple posts about it. Mostly about the people because that is what Okie-Vegas is all about.. and then a bit about the day.. and then I may disappear again for a few months.. who knows.. at least you get a little bit of Waffles and who doesn't want that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Glad to hear you're doing well.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger Tony Bigcharles said...

i dont know what okie-vegas means. and im not too far from where u used to be being at Parx now.

11:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mother Fucking Waffles.

12:01 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Okie-Vegas is a get together in Oklahoma City, OK between some old time bloggers like GCox, Tragedy, etc..

1:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home