Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sven

Went for a little session at Mohegan today. Ended up down seven bucks. I am pretty happy with how I played. I was into my third buyin pretty quickly. Not sure how it happened. I did not really play badly.. I did a jam with 77 vs A9 and got called.. slightly unlucky with runner-runner hearts giving me the 7 flush and him the 9.. I just missed every flop and every hand went south... but not majorly.. it just kept adding up I guess...

It finally turned around when I got Queens and raised 10... Flop comes Qxx... I bet, guy raises, I jam, he calls.. and my third buyin becomes a double up. I got pretty luck against his Aces, but no way am I folding Queens to a straight call... I probably go broke there if I do not flop a Q because it was that kinda day..

The next big hand against the same guy I flop a set of 4's vs his AK .. he bets flop and I jam... and stack him.. I do not think he even had a pair at that point in time...

That got me up by around 40-60... I donked off like 10-20, and then got into a hand I should not have been in which cost me my profits.. I am not unhappy about how I played it but I think folding at any point except the turn is good. I look down and see QT hearts. I call a small raise with it (which is slightly loose) and the flop comes KT with one of my suit... The initial raiser bets like $15.. and I call.. (Again I could have folded here)... then the turn gives me the 8h... which gives me OESD and Flush Draw.. AGGGGHHH! Guy bets out $35... and I blank the turn... Guy checks and he shows AK TPTK to take it down... I am not mad about how I played that hand.. maybe I could have played differently.. but I think I am just second guessing because I lost... If I did hit my draw I stack the guy for $100 more...

At that point I was down like $45... I played one more hand where I hit a set of Queens AGAIN and made it back to -7... at which time I decided to take a break for dinner... and since it was seven and I had a drive back, I decided to call it a night.

Overall happy that I came back from down a ton. Happy I was like fuck it, a small loss is fine. All in all a decent game... I really would like to know where that first $200 went... but I think I was just missing everything...



2 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Waffles, nice comeback. One question: the hand you had QT hearts, flop comes K,T,x with one heart, turn 8h. You said, "which gives me OESD and Flush Draw." I don't see an OESD, was one of the cards mentioned incorrect?

8:53 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

My bad KT with me having QJ.

9:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home