Tuesday, October 12, 2004

2/4 Stage One

I played 2/4 and I lost and I won. I lost first. Going down my entire $100 buyin. Yikes! It appeared to be a monster disaster. It appeared this way because I am so not used to 2/4. A hundred bucks is doubling on two tables at 1/2. In 2/4 it seems like 2-3 hands usually. Crazy! I find so far that 2/4 is MUCH more aggresive.. or it seems that way. It is possible that the monitory amounts make it seem that way. I am not sure yet. The numbers are the same though. 1/2: 25BB = 50$, 2/4: 25BB=100. Same thing. So why does it seem like you can blow your buyin quicker? Not sure. Perhaps I started on a table that was too aggresive for my style. Perhapse I need more adjustment time.

So after that I went off and played some 1/2 and NL to lose a little slower. I busted out of the NL with QQ when the board flopped 887 and the other guy had 88! Yikes! I keep having to remind myself WHY I HATE NL! 80 hand, -$150, not good.

I then decided I could not end the night without some success at 2/4. So I fired up another table and ended up $50. So the net lose for the night was $75. The successful session was good for the ego. I am going to hit it again tomorrow night to. Eventually I will either figure it out or go back to 1/2. I think 2/4 will not be as scary once I increase the bankroll. I am also thinking of waiting longer before going up to 3/6. Need to think it over. However my thinking is when you are THAT close to going back down a level it puts a little pressure on you.

So that is my experience with 2/4. I really think I am going to like it ALOT! Only time will tell.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home