Saturday, October 09, 2004

Qualifier! Zang!

I have qualified for the Limit Holdem 50K Sunday night parrrrrtaaayyy. I played it conservative at the start. There were 50 people, so 5 people got to advance to the 50K trial. I stayed mid of the pack for most of the game. It then got down to 7 people. I had 7K and there were two short stacks. I played one hand and a large stack clobbered me.. down to 4K. I was scared that I had made that one mistake that would put me out on the bubble. However I was able to catch a few hands and cruise into fifth position and a qualifier. It was then down to the five of us. I say "Does first place win anything but bragging rights? "Nope.", "Then Bragging Rights it is!". So it gets down to the last two. I am short stacked. I fight back and almost knock him out. We fought for nothing except bragging rights for over an hour! How is that for dedication? Unfortionatly I ended up in second place. I would be glad to take either first or second in the 50K guarenteed, but I would have LOVED to beat him. Oh well. I will have another shot Sunday Night! October 10th 2004 21:00 EST. Wish me well! I expect some rail birds to chide me when I go out 1055 of 1057.

2 Comments:

Blogger PokerProf said...

Congratulations and best of luck! :)

1:35 PM

 
Blogger Ignatious said...

ditto what prof said. :)

3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home