Saturday, November 13, 2004

Short Play

It has been hard to play any Poker this weekend! The wife had us go to a Car Show tonight. It was pretty good. Too much like car shopping though. I looked at a sweet BMW. I could never drive a BMW. Why? Because everyone who drives one is an ass-hole! The only reason people buy them is to say "I drive a beamer". I equate this to SAAB and a few other brands also. Althought BMW is the height of the list.

** DISCLAIMER: IF you drive a BMW and are not an asshole then I appologise, every model has a small amount of variance.

The wife want's a new car I think. I told her to wait a year and we can go buy one for cash out of my Poker winnings! Now that is a goal!

I played two short sessions. I had trouble finding any free tables at 5/10. The_Venitian had mentioned this as a problem. I had not seen it until today. So I played two tables of 3/6, and ended up a little. I was playing how you are supposed to play: AGGRESIVE! I went down to $44 on one table, and then brought it all the way back to about $75 profit. The other table was even all night, went down a bit, and I ended up even.

I then played some 5/10-6 Handed tonight. It was fun. It threw my VP$IP stats out the window, because you cannot wait as much, but I made a few bucks. The six sided tables move fast. You lose alot quickly and you win alot quickly. I may be forced to learn this game because it is WEAK! Everyone playing A3! Jesus! Do these people not know why we do not play J3? Because when you get outkicked you lose ALOT of money!

I have set a goal for myself of making $250 a night once I start playing two tables of 5/10. I think it is reasonable. It is also a nice paycheck! It is not the kind of goal where I am going to tilt off trying to make that much, but it will be my yardstick for judging if I am beating the game on a nightly basis. I think it is VERY possible to do, and I may need to reasses this later. Going to catch an hour of TV with the wifey and get some sleep. Good cards to you all .. unless your on my table!

** UPDATE: I just checked my Aggression stats and I am becoming less of a wimp. It does not seem like it, but my 5/10 stats so far have me up .30 from my normal .89 rating to a whopping 1.1, and my 5/6-6 Max stats are 1.39! Yikes! Perhaps I am learning how to play this game right! Nahhhhh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Felicia :) said...

We started driving BMW's in 1997. The reason was because BMW's tell you when it is time for everything. My husband is a very forgetful person, and would never change the oil or do any other maintenance. Well, BMW's fixed that (this was before other cars started telling you when to do things). We bought a used 3-series, it was cheaper than a new domestic car, and was a lot more reliable.

Since then we have had several BMW's, almost all used cars. I had a 1991 model which was about 1/3 the cost of a new car, yet a billion times better than having a Ford when it's warranty expires.

Sometimes it just comes down to safety and reliability. It isn't a definition of the person behind the wheel.

8:48 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Please see disclaimer.

12:45 PM

 
Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

What kind of car is she interested in?

If you're looking for something that's good for carrying stuff and carting around the kids, maybe you should look at the Subaru Legacy Turbo Wagon.

This thing kicks ass:

"a modified version of the WRX STi's 2.5-liter turbocharged engine rated for 250 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque"

And it's got AWD which is good for driving in wet, icy, or snowy conditions.

She'll be able to take down most other moms at most stoplights.

3:40 PM

 
Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Also, with regard to BMWs (or RWD cars in general), their ASC (or whatever their stability control mechanism is called) is pretty good in most situations, but I'm not sure that I'd want to rely on it for that 1 time in 100 when it *really* needs to work.

Hey, maybe you should move some place sunny and dry and then buy her a BMW? It's better for the paint anyway.

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home