Friday, November 05, 2004

Tighter..

Well.. I decided to play tight again. I was playing two tables. The night started out REALLY badly. I mean I raise pre-flop with QQ and a guy calls me with 92o and rivers trip 2's!!!! Man! I also played some hands badly. I need alot of work post flop. So I get down to $0 on one table with my last hand and river a straight to beat slowplayed AA! DO NOT SLOW PLAY PRE-FLOP! So I am down to like $34, and I GRIND my way back. I was also down to about $70 at my second table. I GRIND my ass off and make that table back up again also. So NET for the night after a REALLY long session is $3! I am happy with that since I could have been down another $200! Easily! I brought my pre-flop VP$IP down almost a full point this night to 19.81 in 3200 hands. Getting closer to becoming a TAP again. I also see why I am rated passive post flop -- I check/call alot! Not good. I do fake it sometimes, but usually only if I have raised pre-flop and an A or K shows. I guess I will be working on that next.

One thing I have noticed lately. When I have played at a table for a while, people start folding to my pre-flop raises ALOT! They also fold on any bet I make post-flop. The table suddenly will not pay me off. Is this a good thing or is it time to leave? I kind of like my tables to be trained.. but I am not sure if this is a good thing. Am I being too predictable? Comments?

Last thing: The hand that put me up $3 for the night was -- you guessed it -- The Hammer. I am the SB. I get 72o. I raise. The BB calls. The flop has a K, I bet out, he thinks.. and folds ! Go Hammer!

5 Comments:

Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

"Is this a good thing or is it time to leave?"

If you notice this happening, maybe you should start playing marginal hands and missed flops hyper-aggressively until someone catches you out, then go back to pushing only the premiums.

5:56 PM

 
Blogger April said...

Yes, it's never a bad thing to have respect at the table. Helps keep your aces from being cracked, etc. etc. But like you've seen, it also keeps you from making as much as you could have with them, etc. etc. So for instance, you could have shown your 7 2 when you won with it, throwing the table completely off, then they won't know what to make to of you. You just have to be careful of what you show, when you show it, etc. Always a good idea to keep them guessing...

6:52 PM

 
Blogger Heafy said...

I was about to say the same thing as April, show your hammer when they fold it too you, that will loosen them up a little. But all in all, i don't think it is a bad thing to have the table show you respect for your raises.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I disagree about showing hands and staying at a table. I think to control a table is the best practice to move up. For instance, if you control a 2/4 table you might want to think of gambling and going to a 3/6 or 4/8. The reason being is because you already have proven you can beat the 2/4 table what is the point of staying there all night long? You can win bigger pots if you move up and increase your bankroll sometimes two fold.

6:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One ofthe best books out today is by Mark Tenner & Lou Krieger they considered the world top omaha player. I talk to Mark at the World Poker Conference and ended upo buy his book called Winning Omaha 8 POKER the price $29.95 and worth every dollar. they can be contact at http://www.conjelco.com

6:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home