Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Something from Phil

Well, since Poker is sucking, and I have no job this week.. something new. A sleezy bar trick from Phil Gordon himself. All credit to the Little Green Book he wrote. It is a really fun read. Very powerful too.

Pick the sucker, take out a deck of cards, and say "I am going to remove eight cards from the deck and I bet you can not make a 5 card straight". If they take the bet, remove the tens and fives, hand them the deck, order a double, and then toast me and the little green book. All straights contain either a five or a ten.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

That sounds like a challenge for you. Can you really find a person to take that bet? I would love to know if you do.

Keeping your bouncing spirit and sense of humor. Hope you have better days soon!

7:05 AM

 
Blogger Pauly said...

Nice!

8:12 AM

 
Blogger katitude said...

hmmm...sounds like a way for me to get some free tequila at my local....purrrr-fect!

11:42 AM

 
Blogger TraumaPoker said...

Take out the 7's and the 2's then start muttering to yourself.."Hammer Time, Hammer Time, Hammer Time" As you do shots of goldschlager and wonder why the donkeys can't seem to lay down A9. Hammer Time, Hammer Time, Hammer Time!!!!

3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home