Friday, June 30, 2006

Fourth Are Ok Too

I was stoked going into the DADI VII last night. I had a great team going. Duggles and Hoy bitched out on me but I got great replacement players in Katitude and CJ. Little did I know they would leave me as high and dry as Hoyazo. The "meeting" Duggles had was apparently cancelled and if I had kept him I actually would have won the last longer. I figured with CJ I was either going to luckbox into first or get an early out. His style of tourney play is very aggressive chipping up and then pretending to be a luckbox with cards that have decent odds when he is not in any danger of being knocked out. At least thats my read. He actually got majorly screwed when his KJ lost to a better KJ. Ouch. Apparently the LuckBox has unknown payback effects which CJ is just now experiencing. Karma's a bitch my man.Out in third place. This made it tough on me from the beginning. I have no idea how Kat went out. I would guess TPTK vs a two pair of crap cards? I dunno. She is hot in the biker leather though so I will forgive. However she was just 5-10 places behind CJ. I thought I was doomed in the last longer. I thought. However TripJax and Gary decided that they too would have bad nights. So if I could tilt Jordon out before 24th place I would be all set. Unfortionatly he woosed himself into the money in our last longer. The only salve for my wounds was the fact that I lasted wayyyy longer than he did. I made 4th place which was good for over a hundred bucks in cash and prizes. Beating Jordon: Priceless. Yeah, you can win the group events my man, but your just not as good as me. Keep trying. Possibly if you say your prayers, eat your wheaties, and keep practicing you might just might get close to as good as me. Hey you need hope right? Congrats to Mr. Dreamy on a first place finish and Jopker on third. The guy in second. I forget his name. Is he a blogger? Congrats to you too buddy.

I got into an interesting conversation with Smokkee too. It was funny. I love that guy. I think he is a good player. However he basically told me that he would rather be in a hand where he loses a little over 2 out of 3 times instead of one where he wins that often. He would rather have six outs to TPTK than around 19 outs twice over. I think I am officially retiring from mentioning the play of anybody on this blog anymore. I can not beat logic like that. You win man. Not in the long run though. Ahhh fuck it I can not retire. I love calling you all donkeys. It is what keeps me going in the morning. Heck, I even started calling my co-workers donkeys. If they make a mistake in code or say something wrong its "You donkey!". They hee haww with excitement at being called a farm animal. I think I hear Smokkee brahhing in the background.

I can not wait to meet Don and Carmen. Those two are what is right in the Blogger community. Open. Friendly. Nice. Always there with a helpful hand or a kick in your kidneys when you are down. I love those guys! Especially Carmen. I am also very glad to hear that an old tradition is back in action: The 25/NL Blogger games. We had such a good time in the old days. Texas, Pauly, Iggy, so many others.. donkey it up. I actually had a bankroll back then. I would spend my night grinding the 3/6 or 5/10 LHE games then come and play 25/NL for fun. It was relaxing. Trash talking. Donkey. Fun. Sometimes you won. Sometimes you lost. You always had fun. Texas was weak-weak in those days and I regularly picked on her. She has learned alot since then. It seems like were getting something good going again. Damn man! I can not wait for the Blogger games in Vegas. I am excited as hell about losing a couple grand over the weekend. Go figure. I will have to come up with a top ten things I want to do in Vegas posting.

Tonight I am donating on the 25/NL tables. I have no tourney plans. Nothing. Just pure cash game grinding.

7 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

hey mr. call my all in bet with 8-high and miss 21 outs like the Matrix,

there's no way in hell you knew you were that much of a favorite after the flop in "the hand" even tho all you held wuz 8-high. i played "the hand" aggressive from start to finish and the best starting hand wuz the ultimate victor with 2-pair.

pleeeze call my all-in flop bets with 8-high from now on. i take charity. or maybe next time, just fold your BB to the big fella.

12:55 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

lol. I see you did well last night. *snicker*. Oh well I tried. I know you cant add but my 8 high was better then your Ace high.

1:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job in the tourney last night. I'll probably see you online at the cash tables sometime this weekend.

Have a good one...

1:48 PM

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

We can't wait to meet you too waffles baby :) Don't drink any mimosas tonight when your playing. I'll catch up with you when I get home.

2:06 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

Sadly, I have to agree with waffles on the issue of rather being a favorite than a dog. I really don't understand the logic of others that don't think this way.

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

Fuck Woffle. I guess you did beat me individually in the last longer, but I need another crack at you. Let's try to enter some MTTs together, whether scheduled or SNG MTTs. I'm really feeling my MTT game is coming back.

We can even make it a best out of 5 attempts or something. No money on the line unless you want. How about the winner gets to rename the loser's blog for a week? Of course, we'll schedule the games for some time when I'm back from Jamaica.

2:45 PM

 
Blogger katitude said...

TT vs JJ. good, but not good enuff. Who do I owe money to?

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home