Sunday, June 25, 2006

Razz Tilt is Good

Soooo back to the old Waffle ways. I was so pissed at my bad luck for the past few days, and the horrible luck that tossed me from the Razz game that I fucking went ballistic and this is what happened.

PokerStars Game #5367218358: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2006/06/25 - 22:52:38 (ET)
Table 'Astraea IV' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: bkjax ($140.25 in chips)
Seat 2: Boogn9d9 ($171.10 in chips)
Seat 3: El Sadico ($95.20 in chips)
Seat 4: tripCCC ($215.55 in chips)
Seat 5: ryphi ($137.15 in chips)
Seat 6: Lotsa Leaks ($198 in chips)
Seat 7: BigSlickNYC ($225.40 in chips)
Seat 8: SirFWALGMan ($266.20 in chips)
Seat 9: MLSpartans ($194 in chips)
bkjax: posts small blind $1
Boogn9d9: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SirFWALGMan [7d 7s]
El Sadico: calls $2
tripCCC: folds
ryphi: folds
Lotsa Leaks: folds
BigSlickNYC: calls $2
SirFWALGMan: calls $2
MLSpartans: folds
bkjax: calls $1
Boogn9d9: checks
*** FLOP *** [7h 8d 5d]
bkjax: checks
Boogn9d9: checks
El Sadico: bets $10
BigSlickNYC: folds
SirFWALGMan: calls $10
bkjax: folds
bkjax leaves the table
Boogn9d9: folds
*** TURN *** [7h 8d 5d] [Qh]
kitaen joins the table at seat #1
El Sadico: bets $10
SirFWALGMan: raises $26 to $36
El Sadico: calls $26
*** RIVER *** [7h 8d 5d Qh] [5s]
El Sadico: checks
SirFWALGMan: bets $58
El Sadico: calls $47.20 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SirFWALGMan: shows [7d 7s] (a full house, Sevens full of Fives)
El Sadico: mucks hand
SirFWALGMan collected $193.40 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $196.40 | Rake $3
Board [7h 8d 5d Qh 5s]
Seat 1: bkjax (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: Boogn9d9 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: El Sadico mucked [8s Ks]
Seat 4: tripCCC folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: ryphi folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Lotsa Leaks folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: BigSlickNYC folded on the Flop
Seat 8: SirFWALGMan showed [7d 7s] and won ($193.40) with a full house, Sevens full of Fives
Seat 9: MLSpartans (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Razz tilt is good. Please punch me if I do this again. Ick and MiamiDon were watching. Pervs.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Slowplaying that flop will only lead to disaster.

8:08 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I did not exactly slow play it although I see where you are coming from. I was not sure where I was because the straight was on the board and donkey boy bet out pretty hard. So I called. Then I got smarter and when he bet weak I decided to ask where I was. His cold call said ahead (I think). The river card gave me as close to the nuts as I could ask for.. so I took it down.

I can agree with you that slowplaying there is bad. How do you couple thinking you probably have the best hand with losing as little as possible if you do not.

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

For the record (and I do have the record Waffles) you were wisely instructed to raise by your poker mentor.

I am glad you weren't burned fiercely by this little adventure.

And stay away from Mel. I am not fucking around. You are officially on notice.

8:21 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

How do you couple thinking you probably have the best hand with losing as little as possible if you do not.

Here I'll give you some pointers. When value betting, first assign your opponent(s) to a range of hands. Then you look at your hand. Then assess if your hand is ahead of this person's range of hands. If so, shovel money into the pot. If not, proceed cautiously.

11:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You played that to perfection.

The slow play is a lost art, too many internet players push too hard and too fast on hands such as this.

The goal is to extract as much money as possible on any given hand not chase players away by over betting or worse check-raising. You played it perfectly and maximized your winnings to the tune of 100%.

Nice job Waffles.

1:52 AM

 
Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

Interestng hand. Classic case where this guy played crap cards, out of position, and became pot committed. Ah, a guy can dream...and I'll be adding El sadico to my fish list.

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Waffles,

nice job stacking me last night, too bad you couldn't hang on to the dough...

Sadly for me and you, you missed me doubling through once (forgive me Mookie) and then stacking a newcomer late. I <3 cash games...

8:04 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I think I was willing to let this go on the turn IF he made a decent bet. Instead he bets $10 into a $30 pot.. which makes me think he probably does not have the straight. When he calls my raise on the turn I am sure, and when the river card falls I am certain. It was lucky for me he was drawing dead. No outs. I have no idea why he called me on the river.

11:08 AM

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Yes, Ick and Miami really are pervs :)

11:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home