Friday, November 17, 2006

Blogsphere Sucks Balls AKA Oops I forgot Ick Won AKA Wow I Rule

First off I need to say: ICCCCCCCKKKKKK RUUUUUULEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! EVERYONE ELSE DRUUULLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! BABY. Our boy in case you have not read about it took down 4th in the FTOPS. No avatar for our little camper but I am sure the moolah will help ease that pain. Way to go man! You are my hero!

I actually would have liked to discuss some hands in this MTT but I am under the impression that Bloggers are conceited little morons who think as deeply about poker as "I am right you are wrong Nah Nah Nah Nah!".. you all suck, and before I put another hand history on this blog I am going to put up cooking recipes.

The Bloggers actually rule. I love bloggers. However a blog as a means to improving ones game or having meaningful conversations about poker is a waste of time. You know who I respect a ton and learn from? No, not you Fluxer, sit down. Ok, I have learned a few things from you but its not your turn. I have learned a TON of crap about playing cash games from MiamiDon. I fucking schooled him and Smokkee for a change last night. Yeah I got good cards. However what really impressed me was thinking through what Don and I had discussed in the past and playing a hand in such a way as to extract the maximum amount of chips: AKA I stacked the motherfers. As much as I give Don shit he knows how to play poker. He is learning and growing and he knows how to explain why he does something. Not just "Do it my way fucker or else".

I watch the guy play. I get the good fortune of playing against him and I learn wayyyyyy more than some whiny bitch saying: 24c is bad because I says so. I can also thank Don for my most recent 90-SNG win. While we disagree on strategy I made a scary call I would never have made in the past because of him. I sat back. Thought the hand through. Heard Don speaking in my head about scare card bluffs and went with my gut.

The late Ignatious is that way too. I chat with him on the girly chat and he really understands why he does what he does. All of the reasons. All of the factors. Sometimes it is hard to convey a concept or a reason for doing something in poker but just having these kinds of conversations with these people is amazing. In the past I found "It Depends" to be a cop out but as I continue to grow I find everything depends.

One of these days I am going to throw out all of the doubts my fore-mind has and just let my poker mind take over. When that happens watch out bitches cause I am going to be deadly. I almost put Mookie all in with TT on a KQx board. My sub conscience said he was bluffing but my intellect said no way you can be ahead. He had 99 btw. Excellent play my man. Excellent.

So anyway I have a looooooooong way to go but I also have a great group of people who know what they are talking about and WHY they are saying the things they say. I prefer thinking players even if they are wrong to parrots that quote verse and page of Super System and think they have original thoughts. I may be wrong a lot of the time but as long as I am thinking about why people play the way they do I will eventually get there. As we always say this game is much more a mind game then what two cards you have.

Now to the Fugly. Jordon, Trip and Gary cheated at the DADI. It was cheating. Not HUGE cheating like whats his name playing his and his grandmamma's account as well as his own but it was cheating. I think they have all fessed up that they made an error in judgment and even if they try to justify it a little which they should not I do not have a huge problem with it. Thanks for admitting to it. I know you meant it as a prank. I forgive you all (like that matters, lol). Go in peace.

Oh yeah.. the Video. I am having a few editing issues.

7 Comments:

Blogger 23skidoo said...

Goot post Sir!

Let me say that I think, from my limited and screwy since of understanding, that you have made great strides in your attitude alone in the oh year or so I've 'known' you.

You're still a snivelly little bugger, but you've graduated from...oh I don't know....SLB status.


As a player...I don't know, but you scare me cause you've got me pretty well pegged so it seems.


As it is, we all have room to grow in personal and pokery realms, and reaching for it is what winners do. I believe you are one Sir...good day.

11:46 AM

 
Blogger slb159 said...

Ha ha, someone knows I was posting about them.

12:21 PM

 
Blogger joxum said...

Hate to correct you with a minor detail good Sir, but Cardplayer says Iakaris came 4th:

1) Bonaparte9 - $38,411.10
2) Golfman81 - $23,718
3) lillisa0523 - $16,482
4) Iakaris - $12,663
5) mike jo - $9,648
6) Black9ines - $7,035
7) llcarill - $5,125.50
8) Donkzilla - $4,120.50
9) DiveTorti - $3,115.50

/j.

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Yeah, but next time Joxum...

Waffles, I loves ya, but I gotta say I don't love you saying Trip, J, and G were "cheating". I bought in full to that event, and while I agree it gave them a [mostly trivial] advantage, the word "cheating" to me implies a darker agenda then our boyz just fucking with us.

Let's let DADI go out on a better note than that and move on.

And of course way tah go stacking D and smoke! I'm sure if I was there you'd have had me for lunch too - you 53o mastermind.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I dunno man.. "A slight edge by doing something" cheating. I do not think they really thought through what they were doing. I assign no malice to their cheating.. It was just a bunch of guys not thinking, which happens ever single day. Like I said I know they had no malice about it and did not mean to cheat anyone even if they inadvertently did.

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Gnome said...

A thinking player will usually beat players who rigidly go by book. That said, the accumulated poker wisdom exists because it's somewhat effect. Experimenting with new styles can be a difficult path.
Whatever though. When you let your poker mind take over, we'll all be in trouble.

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

I'll still say 24s sucks. I must suck at poker.

1:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home