Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pressure

I have to give it to Hoy* he is making a mad run for that April spot. Putting a lot of pressure on me. I have cooled off the past two weeks and really need to get it in gear. I played more Stud last night. I went up. Then down. Then up. Then down. Ended the night down 1.5 buyins. The hands I seem to be losing are Straight vs Flush, Flush vs Boat, etc, etc.. So I do not think I am playing badly. Just hitting the bad side of some variance.

The Skillz was pretty funny. I went in two times with the same exact hand, same exact play, same exact turn card. It was wicked. Basically I had AKJ on a QT board vs AA. Both times I tried to represent a set or something and both times AA no draw no way to improve called. Not sure this is a great call in general for AA.. but the odds held true and I won the first and lost the second.

Tonight deep stack knockout Mookie should be fun. See you there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shrike said...

You also have to recognize that with three aces accounted for, some of your OESD outs are just not there.

9:00 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I realize my hand is not great (48% vs 52% of opponent) but the point was jamming AA is just not +EV in Omaha without some sort of redraw.

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Bayne_S said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:44 PM

 
Blogger Bayne_S said...

It's just Donk on Donk violence from my point of view.

1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home