Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Least Ye Think

Just to make it clear. I am not perfect. Last night I fell into some bad routines and called a person a moron. Now to be fair to myself he was a moron. Called a capped pre-flop and capped flop with no draws. Pair of jacks. With a queen on the board. Erm. Nice Runner Flush moron.

Anyway in the past I would probably have played on. I had won one SNG, lost one, dumped a buyin at 2/4 and was in the end stages of a 75 token. Instead I saw that my mindset was not right and shut it down. I finished out my token with the second biggest stack. I had a little fun torturing the small stacks on the bubble. After I won the token I shut down Full Tilt with a small dollar loss for the night and a shiny new token.

In the past I really liked playing until I could book a win however small. Seeing the bankroll go down in any given night upset me. Not a good way to think. Your bankroll is just a yard stick that guides what you can play. If it goes up and down it does not matter. Take the long term view. Even if your like me and have been stuck around 1800-2000 for the past few weeks that break through moment will happen and your roll will take that shot upwards. Just be patient, ride out any variance, and let your bankroll take care of itself.

P.S. Duggles, yes I will be buying WOLK. If for nothing else than the fact my Son loves playing WoW. He does not have the patience to level his guys to 70 as he peters out early but he likes to play. Sometime soon he will need his own PC and we can play together. Kids are cute.

3 Comments:

Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Yeah, I'm a tard. I thought it was coming out today, not 9 days from now. I got it confused with the new Futurama DVD I guess.

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Buffalo66 said...

"Your bankroll is just a yard stick that guides what you can play."

This is one of the smartest things you have ever posted on this blog.

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Bayne_S said...

"Just to make it clear. I am not perfect."

Really?

Is anyone that deluded?

11:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home