Monday, March 21, 2011

Next A-Rod?

I went this weekend with the kid to a batting lesson. We were almost late which sucked but we recovered and got there on time. It was a fucking awesome lesson. The guy who gave the lesson was really good with kids. He kept asking JMan questions about the lesson in a fun way and drilling in what he needed to know.. Step-Pivot-Punch. I could see some nice contact on the bat too. I hope it translates to some nice power hitting when the season starts. If not who cares because we are having a good time.

After the session I told the kid that his mother requested a chance to ask some other kids where they got lessons. To see if there were any better places than this Waltham place I chose. You know because I am a scrub and can not do anything right. I did not prompt the kid but he said "Oh, yeah, Mom is just mad because you found a good place huh?". Bingo kiddo! See he is a smart kid!

Once it gets warmer I am going to try and get out every night or two and toss a bucket of balls to the kid so he can practice. We pitched a few in the yard but I keep worrying he is going to nail a window.. plus it was really fucking cold.

Running is still going good. Did Week 2 Day One this Saturday. I find that my breathing is pretty good and most of the work is building up my leg muscles again. I find my legs get really sore at the end of runs but no lingering effects. Of course I am only running like 90 seconds at a time over 20 minutes so there should not be any effect at all. At least I am still doing it. Tonight is the next run. In the snow. Yeah. We are having snow. FML.

Finally failed in my pushups. I did 13,10,9,9, and was supposed to do another 13 but fell on my face at around 10. I really hate this program in case you did not read about it last time. It ramps up so fucking fast that you are bound to feel like a failure. Doing over 50 pushups SHOULD feel like Superman but instead it is like "Fuck, I missed the last three". I will be repeating week 3 this week. Blah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

"After the session I told the kid that his mother requested a chance to ask some other kids where they got lessons. To see if there were any better places than this Waltham place I chose."

OMG - does she not think you can walk and chew gum at the same time?

I'm glad the lesson went so well. I will use "step, pivot, punch" on some Donkey Island players. :)

9:49 AM

 
Blogger KenP said...

Running is still going good.

Interesting! Running good isn't commonly associated with you.

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home