Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Who Gives a Fuck

"Here's the situation: I bought in to a $22 No Limit tournament on Pokerstars. 73 total entrants. We are in the first level and I am dealt QQ. As Oh Captain recently said: "In the early stages of bar poker, I hate to go crazy to early with hands like QQ." This wasn't bar poker, but the theory still applies. QQ is a premium hand but nobody likes to go home in the first level because you couldn't get away from a premium hand."

Interesting comments by both Oh Captain and JammyHawk. However in Jammie's situation I have a different take. In Oh Captain's situation he is out to have some fun, get a few beers in him, play bar poker. In this case I would want to stay around a little longer and would be more careful. In Jammie's situation however I am like fuck it. I know your supposed to be all careful and pussy at the beginning of an MTT or SNG. However if your playing within your bankroll and limits I take the approach of who gives a fuck. I want to chip up early. A lot of people say that you never win an MTT in the early stages. Ok. I can agree with that. However those chips give you a lot of flexibility and allow you to play a whole lot wider and take advantage of a lot more spots. If I get a lot of chips early I usually can parlay them into a fuck load more chips early which then can make me the winner. I like the flexibility the early chip lead gives for my style of play. If I lose. Who gives a fuck. I can play another one in five seconds. It is the wonder of online poker. So next time you are faced with a hard decision, early in an MTT, use the Waffles WGAF method. It is ballah. Peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bayne_S said...

How much closer to $10k has WGAF method gotten you?

2:00 PM

 
Blogger jamyhawk said...

I like it. I especially like it if you (and all my opponents) keep playing that way.

:p

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

I see it as the opposite. In a bar scene where there is nothing really at stake and the players are bad, I want to get my money in early with QQ. In an online game, where there is money at stake and players who somewhat understand the game, it makes more sense to be conservative in the early stages.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Wolfshead said...

However those chips give you a lot of flexibility and allow you to play a whole lot wider and take advantage of a lot more spots

All those extra chips give you is the flexibility to find a new way to fuck up.

2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home