Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Back In The Saddle

Sorry I have been incognito lately. I had a really bad January and February. My depressions medicine was not working and I had no desire to do anything at all. I lost focus and discipline. Kind of wallowed in the murk for the entire time.

I am however coming out of it now. I have doubled my depression medicine and finally started back to doing things that actually help me. Got a new list of goals, and things I want to do. Checking off one thing a day.

So far the big ones are exercise. Been doing cardio 3x a week for 20mins at least.. and throwing in some work on off days. For instance this week I have gone up 26 flights of stairs Monday and Tuesday. Last week I did a 20 minute inside jog, on Wednesday I did 75 jumping jacks, and Friday I ran in place again. Also threw in an extra walk on Tuesday.

Also started up my pushup program. Up to 27 pushups in week 1. I do 5 sets so it's not too hard. Doing 4,5,4,4, and 10 as my last set. Tomorrow will bump up significantly as the 100 pushup program elevates a bit quickly. I am not too worried about failing a week or two here.. in the end it works out.

Started taking vitamins also to try and improve my health.

Have a lot of other things on my list. Up to 30 items right now. Try to keep the items smallish. Like getting divorced is way too much. Need to break it down into steps and accomplish each of the steps till the end. Works the best for me.

I will check in and out as I feel it. I am not giving up on the blog, just have a lot going on and have not felt the need to share lately. 


5 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Good to hear you're back on track!

7:12 PM

 
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Good to hear from you, son! Happy that you're back on the mend.

I think physical fitness goes a long way towards mental well-being, so kudos to you!

5:55 AM

 
Blogger Josie said...

Keep it up baby!

7:06 AM

 
Blogger Littleacornman said...

Good to see you back posting and good on you for getting off your backside and getting back into the exercise stuff again.

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Pauly said...

Welcome back, Sir F.

6:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home