Friday, April 22, 2016

Variance Hammer - WHAP!

I played good the other night but alas playing good is not enough. Twice in the night I flopped sets and got it all in on the flop only to have my nemesis turn the K to match up with his two other Kangs.. Seriously rough.

I held in there but was never able to bring it back. I donked off about 1/2 a buyin by three-barreling an AJh vs a guy with KQ TPTK.. after I raised pre-flop.. flopped the two hearts.. I am not really sad about this play.. although firing off the $25 on the river I think I could have just saved my money. Pro Tip: Old Guys Never Fold.

I ended up losing two buyins but I am too upset. I mean I kept it together. Left with my loss. Just mostly being a pro which is important. I was due for some variance as I have been running pretty true -- in other words -- my hands that I have made have mostly held up outside a few flush chasers. The sad part is I am now a losing poker player.. down a half a buyin over around 12 sessions.. Ah well.. It's good for me to get out of the hotel and have a little social time.

One adjustment I may do is leaving a little earlier.. I like leaving at 11:00.. but then I get back around midnight and it takes a bit to snuggle in.. so the next day is kind of tiring.. I think I will cut it back to 10PM.. So basically play 5ish-10PM each night... One hour is not going to make a difference.

One nice thing -- the next time I go is actually going to be Monday. They are running 9AM-9PM every 20 minutes --- $1,000 high hand jackpot! If I hit that then I will be doing pretty good... and all these losses can offset the taxes. Mwahahaha! Wish me luck bitches.

1 Comments:

Blogger lightning36 said...

The real sucky thing about poker is that you can do everything right and still get screwed. I hope your luck changes.

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home