Friday, July 01, 2016

Pokering With The Drunks

Had a fun day at Mohegan and put together another nice win. It was a good win as I was down the first half of the session by $90.. and just hung in there. I was having fun chatting with another Red Sox fan and the table was good and social. At the beginning I made a few minor mistakes.. Letting myself get check raised on the river when the better move would have been checking behind. Small things like that. I got a few pairs and nothing hit. So I kind of lost money in the grind.

The second half the deck kind of smacked me in the face. A drunk guy joined the table and I was having fun with him. He was nuts. He could not stack his chips. He kept saying "You dun did that!" at people and "You dun did it now!".. and I would should back at him "He done did dat!".. Was hilarious and friendly drunk. I made a bunch of money off him. Made money from hitting quad 2's. First quads I have seen since I started playing this year. I also hit a straight flush with one card.. but that would not count for the HH.

I made some mistakes and got a little unlucky or else I would be leaving with $1,000 instead of like $240. I also took it easy on the drunk.. I was just enjoying his company and did not wan't to bust him yet.

The two biggest changes of fortune in the night were a hand where I had TT. The board ended  J3324. On the river drunk dude led out with $100 after checking the turn. I asked him if he was bluffing me. He turned away and would not look at me. I felt like he was TOTALLY bluffing me.. but I ended up folding. The pot was worth $300 or so... and I feel like I made a bad fold. The guy after me only had $40 left and he called winning the pot with 55. Curse you Fuel!

The other big thing I lost was when my quad 2's did not make the HH. I held the spot for like an hour but then got beat by quad 5's. I had no control over that and figured quad 2's was too weak to hold up.

I feel kind of bad that I left like $700 on the table between those two things.. But I am happy to put together a couple of nice wins.

Kids are off at camp. Life is hot and slow right now. Not too bad though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

You probably hate it that you left some on the table, but a $240 profit isn't too bad, right?

2:38 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

yeah I will take $240 most night.

8:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home