Friday, May 13, 2016

Frustrating but Busy

Poker has been a bit frustrating lately.. Booking small wins or losses. I want alllll the moneyyyyssss!!

I think I really need to learn to gamble more because that is where the money is at. Just as an example .. I was playing a nice 4 hour session. I was playing pretty tight and making decent decisions.. I did call off a few times I should not.. but overall playing well I think.. and I find myself down $100 .. no plays did I see where I would have made more money if I called or was in the hand. Arguably I could have been closer to even but like I said I did make a couple slightly bad calls.

So it's the end of the night and I suppose I am feeling a little frustrated but being professional and going to leave. My last hand of the night I straddle because whatever nothing else is working.. and I see T7. We see the flop like 5 ways and I flop a double gutter... I call the flop which is like 10 bucks.. it is four ways.. I call the turn fifteen it is still 4 ways... and I jam all in on the river. I happened to have hit one side of my double gutter.. Everyone folds.. and I end up going home break even (down a dollar) .. So I don't know... Chasing double gutters.. or playing tight... getting in on draws or waiting for made hands... Poker is insane.

I actually skipped playing this week. Not because I did not want to, but because my day at work was a bit stressed so instead of going and playing like an angry donkey (as opposed to my normal crazy donkey), I decided I would go see Captain America: Civil War. Awesome movie if you have not seen it.

I will be back on the tables next week deciding how to play and what adjustments I need to make if any. Peace.




3 Comments:

Blogger KenP said...

You ain't the first punter who ran cold for a while and gets chuffed, mate. (Been watching too much PBS)

Anybody can beat risk:reward at times. I wouldn't seek it as a livelihood. :)

6:05 AM

 
Blogger grrouchie said...

Everyone runs cold and loses, the problem is you don't want to not hit those double gutters that you are chasing and go home even more broke and your streak is worse because now you are playing bad and emotional as well.

Good Luck

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Ace said...

The lesson of this post is that you didn't go play when you didn't feel you could bring your A game. I have to say, well done! That's one area of poker that many of us don't focus on and it happens before we even sit down to play.

3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home