Sunday, September 19, 2004

Slow Weekend

I got a good session in the other day. Played for an hour or so and doubled up on one table, and ended up a little ahead on the other one for a net profit of a little of $60.

I have made massive changes to my FFL team. I think I made 4 pickups this week. I hope it will help. I had too many guys with .50 points. I read up on them and figured I would make some changes. I picked up some WRs and RBs that should help out. All of them are backup types but they cannot be worse than what I had. I also have A. Feeley this week as my QB. I know there is alot of trouble on Miami and anyone could be the QB week to week, but I think he will have a good day. We will see.

I was at Chucky Cheese this weekend having some fun with the kids. It was a good time. On the bathroom break (which I hate in public places) I was thinking a bit. The recomendation for playing 1/2 is 300xBB or $600. If you are playing two tables does this effect things? Should you have more like $950? If you have a really really bad night your blowing through about 20% of your Bankroll which seems like alot. Just thinking about these things as I approach the next level. Another $400 or so and I will be ready for 2/4. I am very excited for this. I will be back to where I was before dollar wise. As far as my game and maturity and discipline I think I am way ahead of where I was. Reading some of my posts last time I was at 1/2 was pretty funny. I was always up/down/tilt/up/down/tilt/tilt/tilt. I hardly ever go on a bankroll tilt now, and when I do I have yet to jump up a level to try and win it back. I never played the ten sided games. I love them now. I would never reccomend playing in a six sided game anymore. Not enough money. My aggresion levels have gone through the roof lately at least for me.

Poker is funny. At every stage your at you think you know everything and have nothing to improve on and then a light goes off and illuminates some part of your game that was REALLY bad. It really stands out when you see people making your old mistakes. One guy at a .50/1 table I was slumming at always complained when people made raises pre-flop. Now some of the pre-flop raises were questionable but he just goes off on a guy for raising in late position with 88 and hitting his set. In the loose game we were in this was the correct move. "How could you raise with 88!" he cries. Well, why do I want all of the K2's and Q3's that could beat my hand to stay in? If I happen to flop a set I am going to make a ton of money most of the time. So why would you not raise? I can not even image how my game is going to change in a years time. It is going to be interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pauly said...

This made me laugh...

"I was at Chucky Cheese this weekend having some fun with the kids. It was a good time. On the bathroom break (which I hate in public places) I was thinking a bit. The recomendation for playing 1/2 is 300xBB or $600. If you are playing two tables does this effect things?"I usually take 40BB per table.

11:58 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I figure at just shy of $800 I am comfortable with 1/2 right now. When I moved up to 1/2 initially I played a mix of 1/2 and .50/1 until I got further over $600 and then I started playing two tables in 1/2. I enjoy the action alot more when I play two tables, althought I do think it hurts sometimes. I hardly ever get way up on both tables. Usually one is even or slightly down and the other is way up. If I go on a prolonged downslide back to under $700 I will probably slow down some more. Maybe doing one 1/2 and one .50/1. I do not anticipate this but you never know.

1:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home