Wednesday, November 03, 2004

America the Confused

It is a sad day here is Massachusetts. Even the skies have opened up and shed giant tears of sorrow. Even if Kerry is not willing to concede defeat it is pretty much statistically impossible for him to take Ohio. So here is to you America. Here is to $15 per gallon for Bush’s oil buddies. The new ISLIG-3 Visa (Indian Slave Labor is Good) that allows you to stay for as long as you want as long as you are willing to shack up with 50 other Indians and work for five cents an hour. See you later free speech, who needs that, Bush will tell us what to think. Let’s hear it for invading Korea and Taiwan, they all look the same to me. Have to do something to show up Iraq! Here is to oil slicks in Alaska, this one is for you Mr. Nader, good job. Finally here is to Bush’s third term – Martial Law ain’t it a bitch! At least we won’t have gay marriage. Long live the Lord of the Flies! Long Live Piggy!

The Redskins streak has ended. It was soooo much easier when I was 27 and did not even vote. *Sigh*. Perhaps a new streak has started: On Days that a total loser wins the Whitehouse Sir loses at the tables. I only lost a little. It was however a real rollercoaster of a night. I think I was chasing a little much. I was sucked out on so many times last night that my eyeballs receded into my head. I mean some of these guys with their gut shot straights should have been my boyfriends! Jesus! I did have a great time playing with the Iggster. He ended up a bit ahead. He Almost ended up having sex with a Giant -- few more Guiness and it would have been a done deal. Long story. Iggy is great to play with and I am glad he came down to my puny levels to have a little fun.

Oh yeah, and go see Sideways Poker and Skitch-o-Rama so I can collect my money! heh. I read you guys! Keep up the good work.

6 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Sheesh, I think you're being a little pessimistic here (or overly ironic). I understand supporting Kerry, but geeez, let's be realistic about this.

The sun will come out.... tomorrow.
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrrrrow... there'll be sunnnn.....

10:13 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Perhaps a little of both.. but it still hurts too much to be reasonable.. heh.

10:30 AM

 
Blogger Predator314 said...

I've noticed a lot of pessimism (sp?) from liberals ever since I started following politics. I'm a conservative myself and am elated with the election outcome. The media doesn't give Bush a fair shake and makes him look like a bad president.

They say the economy is bad: As a business owner, I find it just the opposite. My sales this year have been great. At my regular job, we have had our best year in a while (this equals profit sharing for me). Most people don't notice this type of thing because they are getting a regular salary or hourly wage. They tend to believe what the media is telling them.

Oil Prices are soooo high!: Oil went back below $50/barrel last week and nobody mentioned it in the media. But when it was $55/barrel, they were shouting how we would see $60/barrel before ever seeing $50/barrel again.

War in Iraq: This war is part of the war on terrorism. There is no more Sadaam. Iraq will flourish once the democracy gets established. All the media shows are soliders dying. They don't show the positives. Children able to attend schools. Mothers and Fathers able to carry on normal lives. Sadaam was an evil man and now that he's gone, a good portion of this country is very grateful.

My take on Bush: Sure, he's not perfect. But he is a stand up guy. He will stand by his decisions right or wrong. You show me a perfect President. Kerry, on the other hand, changed views often. You can't run a country when you change your mind every few weeks. Kerry had some good views. I'm all for the the health care for everyone. Canada has it. But, where is this money going to come from??? I'll tell you were, my pocket and your pocket. I have health insurance now because I'm a working individual. Do you think it's right that I should pay for Joe Blow's health insurance too because he's too sorry to get off his ass and work?

I could go on and on and I'm sure you will argue my views. These are my views and that's why I'm a conservative registered republican and have been for 9 years now.

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Ignatious said...

hey man, i had fun playing with ya. was cool to have the results come in while drinking and sitting and folding.

12:52 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Politics sucks. Poker is cool! I do disagree with all of your points but that is the fun of being in a democracy.

I work as a consultant and have seen the economy take a dive and effect my income.

Perhaps oil prices have fallen, but I am still paying 2.29 to fill my car up every week. I can afford the increase but I am sure alot of people cannot. The winter is going to be harsh.

Hurray we invaded Saddam. This is the trickiest issue of them all. We "Thought" that he "Might" have weapons of mass distruction and "some day" he "might" sell them to someone. So using that logic let's go invade France and China. I don't like the french anyway! Was he a bad guy? Sure! But I have a real problem invading countries before they do anything to us. It just gets too easy to justify taking over the rest of the world and forcing them to be like us. Let's not even get into the fact that he really has no good plan of what to do in Iraq. The whole mess was very simplistic and has been totally screwed up. I am glad the war is over, who knows what might be happening if it was still on.

Anyway.. Politics suck. I will spend a few days moping and then get back to supporting the great country we live in. It is nice to be able to have "friends" who have different views and are able to voice them. I totally respect your right to have your own views and can see your reasoning even if I do not agree.

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Todd said...

Congratulations of being the most rational Kerry supporter in blogdom. I'm getting rather (Get it? Rather? Hardy har har!) weary of the Bush-cheated-it's-the-end-of-the-world doomsayers.

2:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home