Wednesday, January 17, 2007

High Stakes Poker

I love that show. Manik79.. you know him, the Donkey that pushed all in with A4 and then got called by the brilliant Slb who had KQo. How could Slb have lost? It boggles the mind. The funniest part about that little chat is Slb calls Manik WEAK all through the post.. ok.. let's say for sake of argument Manik is WEAK. What the hell does it mean when a weak player raises all in? You figure it out.

Anyhow.. Manik has some links to some of the High Stakes Poker Season III videos. I found it HILARIOUS watching Jamie Gold get outplayed by Brunson. You can tell he is uncomfortable. The other funny part of the clip was when Sean Shakahcahn flops a set of Queens and everyone at the table is like: Obviously you had the set. It is just funny as hell to see them taunt his play.

Oh yeah.. I qualified for the 750K Sat last night so will be playing that on Saturday. Hoy says everyone should send me a buck for the Mook.. Hoy should just send me 200, cause he would lose is a lot slower in the time it takes to transfer than he does at the 1/2 cash tables with the Bloggers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mondogarage said...

Congrats on qualifying for the $750k! Hope you get into the big dance. Just keep telling yourself, Year of the Blogger, Year of the Blogger, Eye of the Tiger... If you do, we'll all give you a buck for season 4 of High Stakes Poker.

3:03 PM

 
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Oops, sorry about the duplicate comments...Blogger via Google's been most unkind to me this afternoon...

3:07 PM

 
Blogger slb159 said...

Manik had A2o and my cards were S00TED...doesn't make much of a differernce mathematically, but basically shoving with just one card is pretty moronic.

Yes, he was weak. If you read my entire post, I stated that he insta-folded to about 10 c-bets of mine at our first table...so why not think he was just an ATC player like I said and just figured he couldn't outplay me post-flop and said, "what the hell...I'll just shove"?

You'd be saying the same thing if you were in my position...guaranteed.

Thanks for the link though.

11:50 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Slb I have two rules that would prevent me from going off like that.

1. I doubt very highly I am going to call my entire stack off with KQ s00ted. I just do not like the hand enough against a shove from someone who has been tight/weak.

2. I NEVER rant if the other guy is ahead. If I have a 4% edge then let the ranting begin, if I am a 16% dog then what can I say? I hardly ever win the 95% hands so being behind would not warrant a rant.

5:39 AM

 
Blogger manik79 said...

Hah, and the battle rages on into your comment log.

I honestly don't know how/why he keeps calling me weak/tight... I guess folding to another player makes you weak?

If you raise me pre flop and I call, then miss the flop and you bet. I fold. Fuck im so weak!

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Did I just get ragged on for my donkalicious cash game play? Waffles, maybe one day you and I can log on to the same $.01 - $.02 no-limit table and you can stack me 8 times for 80 cents. Thereby growing your bankroll by 79 cents.

Thanks for the shoutout though, cawk. Why the bloggers don't come find me more often when you're playing cash is the real question. I'm always up for a game, and I'm always a cash game donk. Always have been, always will be.

9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home