Monday, December 31, 2007

Fuck Me

Unless your someone like Carmen or CK I mean this figuratively not literally. I played my favorite little tourney again tonight.. The Bodonkey 3K. Again I go out deep this time in 20th place again. I feel bad about the hand I pushed on. The hand that setup the push was interesting though. All you brain surgeon MTT players out there let me know what you think.

Late in the MTT. I have 12k stack. The blinds are 600/1200+ANTE. I limp into the SB with 79 spades and the BB checks. The flop comes 74K two spades. I lead out for 3k. I get re-raised 5k more. This leaves me with about 4k left if I call. I jam the rest of my chips in. He calls. We turn over our cards and it is 74o two pair for him. The seven on the turn reduces my outs to six and the spade on the river is just rubbing it in. SO was this too aggressive?

The hand I went out on sucked balls. I had 6k left. Having survived down to 20th place.. and I jam A9o into AJo for 75% of his stack. I gotta stop doing that. However with like 3BB I will only beat myself black and blue for doing that. I think my new MTT rule is to never jam Ax... although ATo got me as far as I got.. when A4o calls my all in jam.. hmm.. I love me some Ax. Fucktard.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

1. read what i wrote about jamming ace x late. Until you stop doing that, you will continue to get busted.

2. The last live tournament i played at the borgata i busted the same way by limping a gapper from the SB then jamming with 2nd pair. Too much fold equitity pre-flop with the antes out so that is a much better situation (with one to act) to jam, then to sit back and jam a weak ace with 3+ still to act.

7:06 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Limping and not stealing pre-flop was the mistake.

Raise or fold.

9:31 AM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

2nd word of post should be "you're"

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

First off, Ax is the WORST hand to push with. I'd rather have 89o any day of the week than Axo, since you are less likely to be dominated. Any AK-AJ is likely to call, not to mention desperate shortstacks with A8-AT.

As for the play, you have less than 10x the BB, when you consider the antes. I would probably fold in the SB. But the limp is ok. Regardless, once that flop comes, if you are willing to call, you should've just pushed all-in from the getgo. The result would've been the same, but at least you would've been the aggressor. Once he raised you, though, I would consider folding.

9:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home