Thursday, March 01, 2012

Music

Music has never been huge in my life. I suppose it must be because of my deafness. However I do remember the Monkeys fondly. If you ever heard me try and sing I probably would know one stanza from any given song.. and then probably 10% of the words would be wrong... lets not even get into tone and key.

The Monkeys theme song was one of the first I memorized. I needed to do it for a school project. I remember going with my "band" mates and practicing the song until I knew it pretty well. I still remember the refrain I think:

Here We Come,
Walking Down the Street,
Get the Funniest Looks from,
Everyone We Meet

Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around,
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down

Ah well RIP Davey Jones. Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger grrouchie said...

I heard about this yesterday and immediately just wanted to watch a bunch of old episodes.

6:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home