Sunday, March 26, 2017

Back In the Saddle Again.. Again..

Played again. I took a short hiatus because A. I was a little pissed, and B. I was really busy making consulting money which is always much better than poker money.

I was slightly pissed because I play and play and play and make like $160 profit over all my sessions lol. Better than nothing. I started reading some poker books again too. I realize this describes my game perfectly "The tight-aggressive person who thinks that every flop holds a monster under the bed and thinks he should always win with his aces." Basically I hate to be wrong and do not gamble enough. It's hard to change that style though and not sure I would be more profitable. It's possible.

Tonight was interesting. I got smacked by the deck but sucked out on terribly. I did not let it effect me and made some big laydowns with Aces and other big hands that got cracked. I showed several hands all premium. I worked up to like $140.. then I decided to try and cash in on my reputation with someone I thought could fold. I raised pre-flop to like 15 and the flop comes KQT giving my AK top pair and decent draws to outs. I think I played this hand ok but needed more money behind. I lead out for like $25.. and got raised at which point I jammed in for my stack. In hindesight since my opponent raised me I probably did not have enough left to make him fold.. however I jammed anyways. He called me with QT and I did not improve. I may have the numbers slightly wrong but it was a good $78 for him to call my re-jam.

I may be just going by the result.. but I think there could be better spots. My read was right on 2 pair.. and I was trying to represent a set or made straight. I thought I had good fold equity though and was trying to be more aggressive.. anyways.....

It might be that I should just keep playing tight-aggressive and sort of weakish. It does pay off but the thing that hit me most was that if I can adjust my game and not go crazy I can really take advantage of limpers and call-folders and make a lot more. Not sure I can play that way but am going to keep reading.

The rest of the night was rather boring.. I tightened up. Got lucky. Got unlucky. Tried to hit the high hand jackpot every hour. Had my stacks incorrectly stacked and thought I had more than I did.. and ended the entire night with a slight profit of $27. Better than a kick in the balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home