Thursday, August 12, 2004

Poker Gods Missed Me

I took a night off. It is for the better. Wife is really getting mad at my playing. Sometimes if I am having a losing night I try and stay up until I get even or make a little. I need to stop doing that and just call it a night.

The Poker Gods must have missed me because I have played all of 3 minutes this morning and am up $10 at this point playing .50/1. Not bad. Wish I could make that BB per hour all the time!

One of my readers had a decent idea (Piper_bt). He says and I quote "It would be nice to know some of the Bloggers names on different sites". If anyone wants to send there site names I will either create a new section here to keep track or post them next to your Blog name or something. It is kind of fun to get someone saying "Hey, are you SirFWALGMan from the Blog?"

Tonight is my official Poker night. I have agreed with the Wife to limit myself to Monday and Thursdays and sometimes on the weekend. I am going to play a little NL at 9ish, and then enter the Sunday Night NL Poker Qualifier for one dollar. If I win that I get to try the 25K Sunday Night NL game. It starts a 9:00 on Empire. Anyone who wants to harass me come on down.

6 Comments:

Blogger doubleas said...

Sure...sounds cool. Surprisingly, my screen name on Party, Stars and UB is doubleas. :)

DoubleAs

10:27 AM

 
Blogger John said...

Piper here again.

Found your site thru Hdouble's.

I am interested in your writing becasue we seem to play the similar games: .50/1 on Empire.

I've had pretty good luck playing the 5+1 and the 10+1 SnG's on Empire, $48 to the green after 20 or so games.

I may have to start watching the $25 NL games, and see how those look.

10:27 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:50 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Thanks JD. heh. To be fair to the wife I had been playing alot in the last few days. I have a plan though. I am entering the 1$ tourney to win an entry into the $25K Sunday Freeroll. When I win that I will take 15K out. 10K for the wife to buy furniture and 5K for savings, and the rest stays as my bankroll. I will then never hear another complaint from her again!

2:51 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Piper,

The 25NL is a nice cash cow. You need to be EXTREMELY patient and you should have a decent bankroll. I have nights when I lose and nights when I win. I am probably not at a high enough bankroll at this point to play $25NL, but I am having fun and winning more than losing. I treat it as an (expensive) tourney and have fun at it. Read the Cards Speak and HDoubles write ups. They are good also.

2:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home