Sunday, August 29, 2004

Variance is a Bitch

Been up and down and I am up now. Remember my posts about 2 table-ing being confusing and dizzying. I am now up to 3-4 tables a night. It keeps the ease of the .50/1 tables down. I like it alot now. It also makes the BB per hour go way up. I played 6 tables this morning and doubled up on all of them. Sweet.

I have a question: Is it only me who always misses with AK, AQ, AJ? I ALWAYS raise these cards and almost never win with them. Is it just me? I usually know when to lay these down after the flop so I do not think they cost me THAT much. Once I get my bankroll up again I need to get Poker Tracker and see where I am bleeding BBs.

I should be back up to $400 in a few minutes. I am on my final table and once I get it up to $50 I will be hanging the cards up for the night. I spent a long time playing last night. I want to play some more 20/2 Limit tourneys. I have come to the conclusion that I like ring games MUCH better than NL. In NL your always asking yourself "Does he have something?". You also need to be a little lucky. I could have AA and call you with 23 spades and you could easily make your straight or flush knocking me out. I could have (and did have) trip JACKS with a KING kicker and was beaten by you guessed it TRIP JACKS with an ACE kicker. On the other side I went all in with A8 and was called by AK. I am dead, right? WRONG! The board made a boat and we tied. HA! I like the small safety net that a ring tourney provides. I can make mistakes. It is why the WSOP is just as easily won by a Moneymaker as a Lederer. Until the end of the tourney they do not end my chances. I could play 100% perfect game in NL and lose it all.

On the other side of the game NL is MUCH MUCH MUCH more of a rush. Your heart starts pumping as the cards are about to be revealed. Did you miss something? Does he have the 4 2's to beat your Aces of 2 boat? What is to happen? Exciting gambooler stuff!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home