Thursday, September 02, 2004

Still cant stand to lose

I still hate variance. I hate to lose. I spent the night playing Poker because I lost 2 tables and wanted to make it back. On the good side I did not go up in limits. I just kept playing until I got back to even.

One bad thing that happened was while I was playing three tables. The cards kept coming at the same time and I was falling behind. I was getting concerned and flustered by this and started making REALLY bad moves. I may cut down to two tables for a while since I can concentrate more and seem to do fewer stupid moves. I was ok with my play tonight. Sometimes I played VERY well and knew when to lay down, and other times I chased too much. I guess that is why I play, and read, and Blog so much .. to get better!

I played three tourneys tonight and came in 2,4,3 which was nice. My tourney play had been going down hill. I was patient and aggresive this time. I played my good hands with large pre-flop bets and either scared some people of the pots or won nice size pots when I did win. I was big blind for a while and isolated the small blinds and took 3-4 of them out. It was alot of fun! The final guy I took out I raised KK to his $800. He said "This is bullshit" and called me with KQ. I dominated him and he was gone. Nice guy though.

One of these days I will be willing to lose $25 or $50 in a night and just say "There is always tomorrow...". At least I have made some progress. I hope to get over $600 soon and start playing the $1/2 stakes. I want to see how that goes. It will be fun to get back into those limits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home