Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Great Blackout of 2005

Wow! All of the Party Skins down in one night. Nice. I got kind of angry about that. However it happens. It would have been nice to have played in my tourney last night but whatever. Are we going to be talking about this as the great Party Poker blackout of 2005?

So what am I really steamed about? Party Poker. They refunded my money for the hand I was in when I became trapped. It was cool. I appreciate that. Thanks guys. I then inquired about my Party Points. I earn these points as a loyal Party Poker player who hits their tables every night. My question:

From: SirFWALGMan
I am somewhat upset by last nights server events. I lost .50 cents in the hand I was in. Not a huge deal. The cards started dealing, I called a small raise, and the server hangs. Again, not a huge deal. The other thing that is upsetting is that I signed up for the 1250 Freeroll and basically lost the 200+ or so Party Points because the server went down and I was never able to even play a hand in the tourney. It would be a nice gesture to refund at least the entry party points if not more for my trouble. Anyway, as someone who plays almost every day I am sure you will make good on your problems.

The response was totally unacceptable. Up to this point they have done nothing to make me happy. I work hard for my Party Points and if I can not participate in a tourney that I spent hard earned points on because there server died they MUST do something to make good.

From: Party Poker
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us.

With regards to your concern of refunding the party points, I would like to inform you that the party points cannot be refunded as the system automatically adds points to your account.

Hence, we cannot add the points manually to your account.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Poker Customer Care

So I guess that I might just be joining team Stars or Full Tilt in the near future.

From: SirFWALGMan
Ok, So basically you are telling me that as a loyal customer who plays every day you are ripping me off. Thanks. I really appreciate it. I know that Full Tilt and Stars will appreciate my business more so than you.

Oh and by the way, you can read about my dissatisfaction with your service on my Blog. It is It only gets 200-300 hits a day, but I am sure my readers will be happy to know how Party Poker likes to rip off it's loyal players.

Oh and btw, I am a fair Blogger. If they do SOMETHING to make good on this then I will print it here immediatly. I am sure they could do alot of things, anything from giving me a free bonus to entering me into a Freeroll to any number of nice things that would make me feel like they care. Right now I feel used.


Blogger Heafy said...

More power to you, I hope they make it right.

4:03 PM

Blogger TenMile said...

That is what we support LARGE business for - to be used.

5:06 PM

Blogger Buffalo66 said...

Stars has 90% of my roll, UB the other 10%. Happy with both sites.

Full Tilt is just ok. Their freerolls are pretty lame. Bonus is impossible to clear.

11:17 PM

Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Funny, I was entered into an Intertops Freeroll at that time and it got cut off too. They split the prize money amongst all the remaining players. Party doesn't do this?

I wasn't even playing in the freeroll, I just registered and forgot to play it, so I got paid for not even showing up.

Party is the 800lb gorilla, and loves to act like it.

6:32 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Full Tilt rules, I have cleared at least 1200 in bonuses on there, just play a reasonable limit. It sounds like party really can't do anything about it but offer you something else. But since I hate them I say leave and hope they die.

1:30 PM


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home