Sunday, December 18, 2005

Fuck, I am Phil!

Except from Iggy of a Phil Helmouth Article:

Bluff: You once said that if there was no element of luck in poker, you'd be unbeatable. Do you still believe that?

Phil: I will say this: if you watch all the telecasts, it's staggering. I always had the best hand. There was one exception -- in all those frickin' programs -- when I happened to hit a 10 against Johnny Chan. I had 10-10 against his K-K and I hit a 10 on the river. But you have to understand that when you're a champion, you always have the best hand in the big pots. That's what separates me from the rest. Therefore, it stands to reason that I'm more likely to get unlucky than lucky, because I don't usually need to get lucky to win a hand. That's the other guy's job.

Does that sound like a SirF Post or what? Ouch..

3 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

It does actually sound like you..lol..ummm..but that still doesn't make you Phil.

6:39 PM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I say if you go in with a 10 to 1 favorite TWENTY times without losing, you've gotten VERY lucky.

4:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, sounds a little bit like you...but it doesn't make you Phil as there's only one Whine-Box...

6:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home