Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I listened to Veneno and I lost

I know. Do not listen to Veneno. However, she is my, follower, tagalong, friend, pal, whatever.. anyway.. I needed to show her how wrong she was. It is a hobby of mine. Showing less skilled players that I AM ALWAYS RIGHT DAMMIT!

Anyway, that led to me going out with 99 vs 55 vs AT. AT spikes a T on the river and that is it for poor sir. Out on the bubble with .. let's repeat class.. "THE BEST HAND LIKE ALWAYS WHEN THE MONEY GOES IN!". The two guys against me only had to call off half and a fifth of there stacks respectively also. I had 760 in chips at the time vs 2K and 5K. The guy with 5K probably should have called since he was getting 3-1 on his money, although AT in a 3-way pot is usually not that strong. At least I am not letting these games bother me much.

The hand I knew I was beat on the 55 guy was in again. He re-raises me pre-flop with 55 when I have TT and of course spikes his miracle 5. I knew he had something big because he did not want to be it. Even though there were straight draws on the board. Slowplaying is cool but if your like this guy and can not fold if someone catches up to you need to be careful.

Veneno was cool about it too and she agreed to paid for her lesson. She credited my account with the 5.50 for the game. What a nice kid!

9 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Thanks for making me sound so pathetic on your blog!

6:27 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Waffle, you're turning into a Ki-Jana Carter version of Hellmuth

6:51 AM

 
Blogger iamhoff said...

"A Ki-Jana Carter version of Hellmuth". Damn. That's cold. First, two bad beats and then this? Don't worry, Sir Waffle. Drizz is just being mean. Buck up, little camper. You'll beat that donkey...someday. Extra points if anybody can figure out my paraphrased movie quote there.

9:38 AM

 
Blogger CJ said...

Hmmm... my comment must not have suck. You know this isn't really a bad beat. Against an underpair and overcards, you're only 45% to win. That means you're 55% to lose.

Having the "best hand" doesn't always make you the "favorite."

And, really, with the stack sizes, the call from the big stack was correct play in a tournament. In tournaments, getting shortstacked invites suckouts because bigger stacks are more compelled to call with bad hands.

10:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

These donkey's can't even spell pokr. Good thing I can dodge bullits.

Signed,

Phil Hellmuth, Jr

11:47 AM

 
Blogger GaryC said...

What a jopker he is.

12:07 PM

 
Blogger ChiefBigToke said...

Hahaha. Who's this Phil guy? What blogger is fuckin with you by impersonating Phil Hellmuth? And what's the Ki-Jana Carter version of Hellmuth? Fwalg is the NFL bust version of Hellmuth? I don't get it.

12:08 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I think thats what I said CJ.. lol. The 5K guy probably had to call.. I think the 2K guy should have re-raised to isolate though.. then I would have won.. lol. I never said it was a bad beat either.. It was a beat. I coulda won. I had to go all in, no choice there. Just making the point that I had the best hand of the three and lost. Unlike luckboxes who go in with the worse hand of the three and win. Ahhh to be a luckbox..

12:35 PM

 
Blogger CJ said...

Luckboxes have more fun :-)

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home