Monday, January 23, 2006

Nothing Exciting

No exciting Poker news for today. Played a couple of tourneys and SNGs on Full Tilt and busted out finally. I will say this. It is tough to get a bankroll started on $50. Unless you want to play .02/.04 micro-limits for a year to build your bankroll up to a good starting point. I personally do not feel like doing that. I think that $200 is a good starting roll. You can play the small level SNGs, MTTs, and cash games. It is enough of a foothole that you can make a few mistakes. So as it stands I have a nice foothole on Pokerstars and am busted out of Full Tilt for now. I will be hitting FT again though in the near future.. I have even changed my image there. Instead of the ANGRY monkey I am now the Happy ManWoman Eating Plant. So until then it is Pokerstars for a bit..

4 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Seems like your plant isn't eatting either gender. I say switch again. Have you thought of being a woman?..lol

12:43 AM

 
Blogger MaxSquat said...

Sir....I've been reading Kill Phil..I highly recommend it to improve your SNG/MTT... then again what the hell do I know?

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Jestocost said...

I've been thinking the same thing about Full Tilt and my first $50. I started my play there with a shot at a $10 SNG and it took me until my next $5 SNG (and two fairly quick exits) to figure out the absurd five-minute levels. I've done better since adjusting to that element, but still have been bubbling in the whirlpool of variance. Another couple of SNGs and a $10 MTT (busted out w/ AA going against KK on the second freaking hand) put me down to $4. I played tilt-a-whirl (act like a maniac and see who you can get to tilt) at a micro table, however, and managed to build it back up to $7, which is going into one more SNG at the earliest possible convenience. If I hit in that; great. Otherwise, see you next month.

9:59 AM

 
Blogger iamhoff said...

I agree, $100 is a good bankroll. It does allow you the flexibility to play either the micro limit cash games or to buy into a lower limit SNG or MTT. Those are the best for learning the game, in my opinion. They just play differently than the cash games. Keep grinding.

11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home