Friday, July 21, 2006

Brought to you by the letter "F"

That hurts, Waffles
- Marx1st


I am sorry man. Sometimes the truth does hurt though. I will tell you what I would tell anyone else I would hope would try and get better at poker: LEARN HOW TO FOLD. It is tough. It is actually one of the toughest things in poker. I hate doing it. You hate doing it. When that guy turns over his bluff and gleams at you with those eyes saying: PUSSY! it hurts. However when you learn to fold you win. Do you know what hand loses people the most money? Aces with weak ass kickers. Why would you ever want to play that crap? All it is going to do is get you in trouble. Ask Katitude, when she found the fold button she made many final tables at these things. Really it is there for a reason. Please use the call button with caution. It is a tool of the devil. Repeat after me: TP sucks. TP sucks. TP sucks. Ok. Now if I can remember this I might start doing better again myself.

I actually had a decent night at the cash tables. I was up 40 at one point in time and then gave most of it back. A win is a win though I guess. We had a brogger table going with Slb, Mook, Skiddooo, MiamiDon, Kitty, and myself. Oh yeah some new guy meanandhappy showed up too. Seems like a good guy. On the bad guys team were the convict, and Frodo.

Frodo was a tool. He was on a good run. He kept accusing us of collusion. I have no idea where he got this idea since we were totally enjoying stacking one another. Convict was great. He lost 2-3 buyins and kept challenging people to HU at higher stakes. It was a pretty fun time. Carmen was there for a while too. See I can mention Carmen in every post. She won some money then left a little ahead. I think online cash games bore me. I mean I spend 4 hours last night and made eight bucks. Woo hoo! I think I have better things to do sometimes like trim my toenails. I dunno. Anyway be careful out there.

8 Comments:

Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

Marxst1, leave your address here so I can send you some tissues.

9:04 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

lol. I am sorry this went this far man. I dunno if I have ever seen you hit the fold button but I will take your word for it. Obviously from playing 2-3 games with you I am not going to know everything about your game.

9:13 AM

 
Blogger slb159 said...

"The whole tourny is more about "herding donkeys" than playing poker."
Lol. Hope M00kie reads that. Also, "72o" is called the hammer and if you don't know why that is, do some more research.
Kids.

Waffles...Funny that my calling him "Frodo" stuck at the table and he was repeatedly called that.

10:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calling station are so sensitive, and so in denial too.

"The whole tourny is more about "herding donkeys" than playing poker." Like SLB LOL. Whats the saying about the pot CALLING the kettle black?

Those cash games are fun. I love stacking the enemy, talking major shit, then eventually sending them on their way with them thinking I'm such a nice guy.

12:00 PM

 
Blogger slb159 said...

Frodo just left a comment on my last post. Expect one as well, Waffles! Hehe.

12:14 PM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Woffle, I've been finding the blogger NL cash games a bit dull too. I think we need to bump up the stakes. I just can't get fired up about $25, and tend to play worse as a result. We need $50 or $100 max rooms.

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Alan said...

Appoximately two thirds of the time A-weak kicker will be ahead against one opponent on the flop.

Although in all honestly that does not seem to convince me to play those hands very often.

9:35 PM

 
Blogger frodaddy10 said...

OK, just leaving a post so slb can feel prophetic. And, the whole collusion thing was just a weak attempt to move the discussion from my poor play to another issue, I was not serious, just trying to turn the tide in my favor with the interjection of real drama!!! Nothing better than bumping gums, raking chips, and roasting someone. Hope no one took anything personally, although I fear that I am in slb's head (scary). If I knew he would dance this much I would not have turned up the fire that high!!!

9:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home