Thursday, July 20, 2006

Carmen Rocks

Of course my post of yesterday was just me screwing around.. Carmen is perfect in every way and if I do not mention her in at least every other post I start breaking out in hives. I have been playing less online poker since my return from Vegas. I think it might be boring me. My play has really been poor. I can not really think of any other reasons.

Last night I had another overpair situation. I know.. I am such a lucky guy getting alot of practice with these. I said to myself "Lead out and let it go if there is too much pressure".. so I lead out and pushed when Dnasty re-raised. Umm.. Why did you not listen to yourself? Apparently his pair of fives had outflopped my pair of eights. Oh well.

Marx1st finally put me out of my misery. I flopped a flush draw with about 200 behind and decided to go for it. I was getting 3:1 with my draw and as it turns out I had around 15 outs twice over. Marx called off about ten percent of his stack with A5o.. no pair.. and as he said and I quote word for word "I thought you had a lower pair and I was drawing to my Ace".. errr.. I do not think this requires any comments on my part as it basically speaks for itself. I think my notes on him are dead on "Never folds anything". At least he is a cool guy.

I think I am going to play some live poker this weekend at Foxwoods. Live is a bit different and takes some adjusting to. For instance even if you can read someone it does not always mean you can win. In Vegas I was in this hand where I read this one guy perfectly. He was scared that his hand was behind after I raised pre-flop and he caught a part of the flop. I had an underpair to his pair and I thought his scared manorism meant he actually WAS behind. Instead it meant that he though he was behind but was going to call any bet I made anyways.

The ability to identify not only when someone is nervous but what they do because of that is important. A calling station may be nervous but he will not be able to get away from his nature. He will call you no matter what. It is in his nature.

Oh yeah I almost forgot.. we got a very special visitor yesterday: Felicia! Her comment was "You look like a serial killer, btw. Charles Manson has nothing on your.". Now I know she does not read my blog so one of her stoolies must have said I mentioned her. I agree with her comment the thing that makes it so funny though is she looks alot like me.. except my man boobs are bigger than her's. I swear though you could mistake us for twins.

6 Comments:

Blogger slb159 said...

You didn't just say that, did you?

8:04 AM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

#1. I understand how it is when you return from a trip with live poker and suddenly online poker has lost its luster. Give it time and you'll feel the need again.

#2. I really like what you have to say about having a read on someone's weakness, but still not being able to push them off of their hand. It's a very good point to make. I've dealt with it myself. Dude looks scared, so I try to push him out of the pot. He is scared, but he still calls and while his hand is crap, it still beats mine. Anyway, good point made.

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You have FPS (the Mike Caro one, not Quake/Unreal Tournament).

There's a difference between knowing the right play, and making the right play due to the circumstances.

12:30 PM

 
Blogger Felicia :) said...

Except I'm way taller than you.

1:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem is that some people aren't knowledgable enough about the game to know when they should be scared or confident, and therefore live reads can be correct but lead to an unexpected outcome.

I was going to write about that a while ago, but never did.

6:56 PM

 
Blogger MHG said...

8-6-4-2, I enjoyed playing you.

Good luck this weekend at the tables.

I was thinking what slb posted in the first reply.

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home