Friday, July 21, 2006

You Decide

Waffles: I think this was a brilliant play on my part. I applied pressure the whole way through. I just ran into a moron. I can not see how he makes the call pre-flop, on the flop, or on the turn. The only place he even slowed down was the turn. I felt he thought I had the straight so I pushed. He waited for a long time before calling with a flush draw and 1 card left. I think this is the way you should play poker. I can find nothing wrong with my play except the end result.

Don: You are a fucking Donkey, you had Queen high, you will never win that way.

You Decide.



PokerStars Game #5636674606: Tournament #28509922, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level X (400/800) - 2006/07/21 - 22:13:07 (ET)
Table '28509922 4' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Feety Five (10700 in chips)
Seat 3: Hilders (11410 in chips)
Seat 5: wayofbeing (10435 in chips)
Seat 6: jaywallin (22589 in chips)
Seat 8: SirFWALGMan (8645 in chips)
Seat 9: jagatty (3721 in chips)
Feety Five: posts the ante 50
Hilders: posts the ante 50
wayofbeing: posts the ante 50
jaywallin: posts the ante 50
SirFWALGMan: posts the ante 50
jagatty: posts the ante 50
jagatty: posts small blind 400
Feety Five: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SirFWALGMan [Qs Js]
Hilders: folds
wayofbeing: folds
jaywallin: folds
SirFWALGMan: raises 1600 to 2400
jagatty: folds
Feety Five: calls 1600
*** FLOP *** [3h 2s 5d]
Feety Five: bets 800
SirFWALGMan: raises 1600 to 2400
Feety Five: calls 1600
*** TURN *** [3h 2s 5d] [3s]
Feety Five: checks
SirFWALGMan: bets 3795 and is all-in
Feety Five: calls 3795
*** RIVER *** [3h 2s 5d 3s] [2h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Feety Five: shows [Ks 4s] (two pair, Threes and Deuces)
SirFWALGMan: shows [Qs Js] (two pair, Threes and Deuces - lower kicker)
Feety Five collected 17890 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 17890 | Rake 0
Board [3h 2s 5d 3s 2h]
Seat 1: Feety Five (big blind) showed [Ks 4s] and won (17890) with two pair, Threes and Deuces
Seat 3: Hilders folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: wayofbeing folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: jaywallin folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: SirFWALGMan (button) showed [Qs Js] and lost with two pair, Threes and Deuces
Seat 9: jagatty (small blind) folded before Flop

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to include my favorite lines of the argument:

Waffles: I am like Ansel Adams in a kindegarten class

Waffles: my talent is wasted

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

You have to realize that whenever you make a bluff against a calling station, it is you who is making the mistake. You already know he will call with anything, and yet you still decide to bluff him anyway. That is pointless, and it is you who is the making horrible errors whenever you do this.

9:31 PM

 
Blogger CJ said...

You have to consider the texture of the board and how much your bet actually applies pressure.

First, your raise post flop put forced him to call 1600 into a 5600 pot. He's getting more than 3-1 on his money. He flopped open ended and an overcard... he's certainly not folding there.

Then there's more than 10K in the pot when you bet less than 4K into a board with straight and flush draws available. There are a million and one hands that HAVE to call you there.

It was a poorly timed bluff with not enough chips. It was a bad play, sorry.

10:43 PM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Fishies don't fold draws to flushies.

EVER.

If you had checked the turn he would have checked too, and if you had bluffed after the river you would have won this hand.

11:48 PM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

cj's right about your fold equity too.

11:49 PM

 
Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

those over cards never seem to come when you bluff do they...they sure as shit don't for me.

I would rather push with king and a made 3rd pair that 2 over cards. really, they never hit for me.

Sorry to hear about your girl, I hope she is doing o.k. today.

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

"I am sorry man. Sometimes the truth does hurt though. I will tell you what I would tell anyone else I would hope would try and get better at poker: LEARN HOW TO FOLD."

You to Marxst1 2 posts ago.

I've lost my taste for going broke with less than quality holdings. You should too.

7:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home