Friday, February 16, 2007

Expert Opinion

I finally get to make an opinion on something I am an expert in: Personal Attacks. First off let me say I am loving Hoy's descent into madness. I need a partner in crime and pretty soon we can share straight jackets.

Ok. So anyway. Let's review. I am going to use JJ as my subject because he is a C-lister and nobody reads his crap anyways. Possibly throw in a recent Don comment too because I love him.

Ok. So if JJ limps Aces and gets cracked and I say "JJ you are a fucking retard limping Aces! What the hell are you thinking with 4 limpers before you!". Am I attacking him personally? No. I disagree with how he plays poker and I am telling him that. I may be wrong. I have called Lucko a fucktard in the past and in talking to him decided he has a strategy that works for him. No way am I going to stop calling him Sucko but I have grown to respect him. So here I am saying your play sucked. Not you. I really like you. I am expressing a strong opinion.

Now if I said "JJ you have hair growing out of your ears and you look fucking stupid". Now that is a personal attack. I have attacked the way that he looks and he can not help it if he is fugly. Personal attack.

Ok. Let's try one with Don. Here is a recent comment I made in his blog. "Ok, I do not know why everyone is sucking your dick so hard but drawing to a gutshot straight on a paired board is.. hmm.. how do I say this delicately.. STUPID!!! You got what you deserved there.". Personal or opinion on poker? See this is an opinion on Poker. I actually think Don is very smart.. you do not start a business and make it successful if you are not smart. I also think he is a smart player. I have a ton of respect for him. Here I am disagreeing with his play.

Now lets try another one. "I wish I could be as popular as CJ for being Otis's lackey. *sigh*" in response to a post on Hoy's site. Now this is totally a personal attack. CJ attacked me before and and I knew he was joking so I took some liberties and attacked him back. Since there is some background to this: I.E. He started it, I am justified in my attack. Even if I am not who gives a fuck. Damn lackey.

One last thing to think on. Now I have played with many a blogger and tons of them think I suck and others like my game and have confidence in me. In all reality it does not matter one bit. If your going to succeed in poker you have to believe in yourself. Many different methods of winning exist. They all have some things in common but just because someone does not like how you play does not mean anything. Believe in yourself Mr. Hoy as I know you do. Take other people's comments for what they are: people expressing their belief in something you said about poker. They could be right or wrong. All that matters is you play, learn, improve, and do things your way because if you do not make your own way you will lose.

I keep trying to tell Ick this but he never listens. He fucking wins huge MTTs and all of a sudden his game is not good enough. What the fuck you retard (personal attack) why the hell would you want to change that much? Always learn and grow but you have to play a style that fits you. A tight player would die if they tried to play Lucko style.. it just does not fit right.. they could incorporate pieces and learn to change up their game but playing straight out lagtard is not going to work. Figure out what fits you and use it but be yourself.

The reason a style of play like Super System worked so well was because it was different. It was Doyle's take on how you should play and it was different from anything people had seen before.. thus it worked.. The easiest people in the world to play against these days are Super System addicts.. you know what they are going to do and what it means. You can also play in a way that says something to them. Think about it.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Fuel55 said...

GOD DAMN !!!!!!!

11:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A post on personal attacks and poker opinions and not one directed at Michael Craig? You're losing it kid.

11:46 AM

 
Blogger 23skidoo said...

Waffles you fucking tool, mind your own business.

And get a job you shiftless punk!




Wow personal attacks feel good!

12:14 PM

 
Blogger Fuel55 said...

Oh fawk this is going to be a good. I can tell already !

12:59 PM

 
Blogger jjok said...

You're a big jerk. A big mean jerk.

BTW, thanks for letting me borrow your earhair clippers.....fucker

1:11 PM

 
Blogger CJ said...

I cried today.

Cried real tears.

And it's Waffle's fault.

1:22 PM

 
Blogger Fuel55 said...

My weewee hurts.

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

lol awesome post man and the funny thing is you hit some real issues there that some people just wont ever understand....ps I think your a donkey but I still like you....haha j/k

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Think you saw this already, but the two comments you were referring to were in fact about my poker play and were not the personal attack I referred to in my post. You can call me every name in the book in reference to a particular poker play I made, and I could not care less, and that's something that I do all the time. Although clearly within one's right to say whatever they want in their blog, IMO it's a lame thing to do the other.

I do miss that picture of you that you had up for Valentine's Day though.

Now do win some fucking cash and get into the Big Game on Sunday. Just not the same without you.

4:23 PM

 
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Go fuck yourself, Waffles (personal attack), how can you play JJ like that (poker attack)?

I love you (come on).

6:27 PM

 
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

It bugs the hell out of me when you make sense. Turns my world upside down. I count on you to be the utmost tard so I can feel good.

Now go start some trouble and make me feel good.

And by the way, no one offered to send me a toy. I'm soo jealous!

4:07 PM

 
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

You mother fucker. You piss-in-your-own-face bastard!

I'm not sure what's going on, but I saw everyone's taking a crack at you, so I thought I'd join in.

TEE HEE- part of the code I have to type in for this post is 'fiqr.' Get it?

7:04 AM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Since Waffles was the first actual poker bot ever created, any insult directed at his game is in fact, a personal insult...

Taint hound. [medical fact]

ps. I hear what yer sayin about playing your game...I actually agree, but it's my compulsive nature that wants to understand where these guys are coming from so I can figure out what parts of that strategy I can use to +EV.

Taint hound! [personal attack - it's all in the intonation BAYBEEEE]

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home